The Student Room Group

MArk Lee Help..PGL LPC with LLM

I have just read that the PGL funding is available from Aug 2016. I am looking to do my LPC with LLM qualification. THe eligibility criteria state LPC not covered unless part of LLM. The university of Law say their LPC with LLM is not eligible for the government funding, but the government website and UCAS site clearly say a postgrad diploma that results in a Masters qualification is eligible for funding. please can you clarify why this is being being confused. if I sign up to a LLM/LPC that results in a LLM Qualification I should be eligible for funding and the university should know this. Or is it just too soon for the news to filter down to them? Please advise.
Original post by Hunjen1
I have just read that the PGL funding is available from Aug 2016. I am looking to do my LPC with LLM qualification. THe eligibility criteria state LPC not covered unless part of LLM. The university of Law say their LPC with LLM is not eligible for the government funding, but the government website and UCAS site clearly say a postgrad diploma that results in a Masters qualification is eligible for funding. please can you clarify why this is being being confused. if I sign up to a LLM/LPC that results in a LLM Qualification I should be eligible for funding and the university should know this. Or is it just too soon for the news to filter down to them? Please advise.

It's up to the university to verify that the course is eligible for funding. In this case it seems that the University of Law has structured the course in a way that makes it ineligible.

According to their website: "currently our LPC, BPTC and GDL programs do not meet this criteria as they are classed as professional development programs"
Reply 2
@PQ do you know if Westminster University's Legal Practice LLM would qualify for the new PGL?
Original post by Malmal
@PQ do you know if Westminster University's Legal Practice LLM would qualify for the new PGL?

You need to ask westminster - it depends on how they have set up the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending