The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

RHUL accommodation portal

Every time I try to register in the accommodation portal, IT SAYS 'STUDENT NOT FOUND' what should i do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It says the exact same thing for me. Double and triple checked all the details, and they are all correct.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by Kreutzer
It says the exact same thing for me. Double and triple checked all the details, and they are all correct.

Hey,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with this. I've spoken with our Accommodation team and it looks like we're having a technical issue at the moment. We hope to have this back up and running as soon as possible. We'll make a note on our website to let you know when this is fixed, but for ease, if you'd like to PM me your email address, then we can drop you an email when it's back up and running.

Camilla
I think there's an error with the accommodation portal, now the accommodation is available for selecting hall bands it won't let me click on anything or put anything in my preferences? Is this just me having the problem or have other people managed to apply already?
Reply 4
Original post by sunnyrebecca
I think there's an error with the accommodation portal, now the accommodation is available for selecting hall bands it won't let me click on anything or put anything in my preferences? Is this just me having the problem or have other people managed to apply already?

I've had the same issue, ive tried different browsers, tried everything really, its definitely the website, ive emailed the accomodation team so hopefully they are working on it!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rettsu
I've had the same issue, ive tried different browsers, tried everything really, its definitely the website, ive emailed the accomodation team so hopefully they are working on it!

Ah thank god it's not just me! Yeah I've tried all my browsers, and on my phone/laptop, college computer and nothing will work, I've emailed them too so I'm sure It'll be fixed soon!
happens to me too!!!!!!!
it's kindof frustrating though :frown:
Reply 8
Ah thank god it's not just me! Yeah I've tried all my browsers, and on my phone/laptop, college computer and nothing will work, I've emailed them too so I'm sure It'll be fixed soon!

At least it's not first come first served basis... apparently
Original post by rettsu
At least it's not first come first served basis... apparently

I know! I read that and was like...what? I don't understand how it isn't! How do they decide who gets what if too many people want the block any other way then choose who picked it first! I also need the 30 week Tuke limited availability so I was freaking out on my email to the accommodation team!

Original post by Josephine3233
it's kindof frustrating though :frown:

Totally!
Selection of preferences isn't working for me too :frown:. Guess it is just one of those things that is destined to happen when something new starts. Will check in a few hours, hopefully it will be fixed by then :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yay, I'm not alone!!! This was causing me no end of frustration, good to know it seems to be a more wide spread issue. Hopefully will be fixed soon!!
Reply 12
I know! I read that and was like...what? I don't understand how it isn't! How do they decide who gets what if too many people want the block any other way then choose who picked it first! I also need the 30 week Tuke limited availability so I was freaking out on my email to the accommodation team!

Totally!

I wanted tuke 30 week as well, so i was waiting and as soon as it hit noon i was on haha but to no prevail, hopefully everything will go smoothly... I'm not sure how they pick who gets it hmm
They said it's a 'lottery'. Apparently everything is being selected randomly with the favour of students with unconditional offers being served first.
Did you guys get replies form the accommodation team yet?
Original post by ICEN_Prophet
They said it's a 'lottery'. Apparently everything is being selected randomly with the favour of students with unconditional offers being served first.

That's pretty unfair!

Original post by Josephine3233
Did you guys get replies form the accommodation team yet?

I haven't gotten anything back yet :frown:
Original post by rettsu
I wanted tuke 30 week as well, so i was waiting and as soon as it hit noon i was on haha but to no prevail, hopefully everything will go smoothly... I'm not sure how they pick who gets it hmm

That was literally me in my lesson earlier ahaha! I was ready to go on my phone and do it but it wouldn't work!
Hi All,

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the accommodation application system. We're working with our IT team to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Remember - if you are applying for accommodation as a New Undergraduate student joining us in September 2016, accommodation isn't allocated on a first come, first served basis so provided you apply within the application window you'll get the same chance of being allocated accommodation in your highest choice as anyone who has applied earlier in the application window.

Rest assured we are working to rectify this as soon as possible!

Camilla
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm sorry but I don't understand something.
We have to choose all 10 of the accommodation in a particular order of our interest. All of them? Well okay.. Just in case!
Then the next page asks if l would like to share room with someone. "No, I don't wish to share", does it give me 100% of getting a single room?
Regardless, good luck everyone on getting into Royal and getting your preferred accommodation!
Original post by ICEN_Prophet
I'm sorry but I don't understand something.
We have to choose all 10 of the accommodation in a particular order of our interest. All of them? Well okay.. Just in case!
Then the next page asks if l would like to share room with someone. "No, I don't wish to share", does it give me 100% of getting a single room?
Regardless, good luck everyone on getting into Royal and getting your preferred accommodation!

Hi there,

This is to indicate your preference. Whilst we do our best to meet everyone's preferences, we are not able to guarantee a particular type of room. Worth noting that you are not obligated to accept the accommodation you are allocated, and you would be free to reject the offer of halls and look at housing in the private sector if you prefer.

Hope that helps!
Camilla :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending