The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Boys aren't robots so I'm sure they cry.
Reply 3
Original post by _Xenon_
Do boys cry and is it OK if a boy cries? Why are some called nasty names if they cry? Is this fair? What are your thoughts?

Is a boy who cries weak?

Boys and men are humans. Humans cry for various reasons and it is okay for humans to cry. Some who cry are called nasty names because the name callers are insensitive or nasty themselves, and it is not fair for gender or genitals to restrict someone from expressing their emotions and/or pain.

A man who cries isn't weak. It's a biological function.
(edited 7 years ago)
1. Yes and yes.
2. Because people are fools.
3. Nothing wrong with crying.
4. Not at all.
Reply 5
Original post by Vennec
Boys and men are humans. Humans cry for various reasons and it is okay for humans to cry. Some who cry are called nasty names because the name callers are insensitive or nasty themselves, and it is not fair for gender or genitals to restrict someone from expressing their emotions and/or pain.

A man who cries isn't weak. It's a biological function.

I agree but it just appears that this is what people actually think so are men more likely to keep their feelings locked inside as a result of this feeling that it isn't OK for a male to cry...

Well this is how it appears to me that it isn't OK for me to cry and that people would laugh.

But I'm not sure how others see this
I cry at many of the stupid posts on this site
Reply 7
Original post by iEthan
1. Yes and yes.
2. Because people are fools.
3. Nothing wrong with crying.
4. Not at all.

Agreed m8
Reply 8
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I cry at many of the stupid posts on this site

Yes I understand your pain. :frown:
Hope you're OK atm. :wink:
Reply 9
I thin it's cute when men cry. :colondollar:
There is nothing wrong with crying. At all.
Reply 11
Boy's shouldn't cry in public or in front of their families. Isn't that right @Hyacinth Bucket
Reply 12
Original post by Mona-S
I thin it's cute when men cry. :colondollar:

Really? You find someone else's pain cute?
Original post by _Xenon_
Do boys cry and is it OK if a boy cries? Why are some called nasty names if they cry? Is this fair? What are your thoughts?

Is a boy who cries weak?

Yes they do, and yes it is OK if they cry. Because those that call them names, hide and cry when they too have a reason to shed those tears. I believe it's fine if they do :yep:
No, they aren't weak :naughty:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Boys aren't robots so I'm sure they cry.

Well said :yep:
PRSOM
Reply 14
Depends on the reason for crying imo. If you've lost a family member or something genuinely upsetting has happened, then fair enough if you cry. But if you're crying because your roommate ate the last slice of bread then you need to man the **** up.

Same goes for women.
Reply 15
Original post by Alfed
Really? You find someone else's pain cute?

LOOL no! It's cute when they are willing to share their pain with you and not hold on to their feelings. I probably will start crying with them too.
crying is a perfectly normal thing to do, it's therapeutic and can actually release chemicals that cause depression so there's absolutely nothing wrong with crying regardless of gender, the stigma is stupid.
If you cry in public over anything other than a bereavement, then I will lose respect for you.

It's pathetic, and uncomfortable for everyone. If you do need to cry, do it somewhere where other people don't have to see you.
Reply 18
Original post by _Xenon_
I agree but it just appears that this is what people actually think so are men more likely to keep their feelings locked inside as a result of this feeling that it isn't OK for a male to cry...

Well this is how it appears to me that it isn't OK for me to cry and that people would laugh.

But I'm not sure how others see this

There are people who will laugh, yeah. It's unfortunate. Those people have been raised to think it's not okay for men to cry, that it is weak and that they should "bottle it up" or "suck it up" and deal with it. A lot of guys will also think this and cry in private rather than in public out of fear of social judgment. But it's okay to cry and it's emotionally damaging not to. We all need to vent sometimes.
i wonder why some people view it as a weakness:confused:

Latest