The Student Room Group

AQA Business and Communication System Unit 9

I have business unit 9 exam on Wednesday. Does anyone have unit 9 exam and when? And what do you do to revise? I am not sure what to revise because it is gonna be on the computer and I already know how to use spreadsheet, database etc.

Thanks to anyone who reply
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hope your exam went well, I am struggling as well wondered what the exams main focus is and if it was difficult. Please could you inform me on what the question were like and if they were on databases, PowerPoint or spread sheets so I can be prepared for mine. Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Would really appreciate it if you could say what to revise?
Whether it's database, spreadsheets, PowerPoint?
& what the last task is? Be it a report or a Recipe?

Thanks,
Fellow GCSE student
Original post by BOB-596
Hope your exam went well, I am struggling as well wondered what the exams main focus is and if it was difficult. Please could you inform me on what the question were like and if they were on databases, PowerPoint or spread sheets so I can be prepared for mine. Thanks

I just had an exam today and tbh i find it really hard! I didn't finish the last question because i ran out of time, and many people in my year were upset because they find it hard aswell. Anyways, i will tell you everything about the instruction paper so that it will turn easy for you!

- Database, you need to know everything like recongising field, record etc, and you need to know how to enter data into a field. Also make sure sure you know how to make a report on the database

- Flyer - it is quite easy, you just need to put some information and make sure you use effective tools on microsoft word and make sure you know how to communicate effectively on a flyer. I suggest you to research flyer on internet and how they look like.

- Webpages and Recipes - it is easy. You just put information and make sure you read their question carefully. Also you need to know what a slogan is because you have to make it up and use them on the webpage. From recipe, you just copy information to the webpage.

- Spreadsheet - make sure to know the formulas and conditional formatting

- There are some more but unfortunately I didn't get a time to finish them.

Advices:
- Put your candidate number, centre number and name on each tasks. Even though on database, you cant put the name on it so export the database to microsoft word.
- Read the instructions very carefully because they can be confused.
- Manage your time so that you can finish on time and check them over and set them in order.

All the best for your exam and let me know how you find it. I hope you find my information and advices useful. Good luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
this is extremely useful, cheers
Reply 5
Thanks a lot for this.. really helpful!
Hello everyone, The business unit 9 computer exam is next week.
Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the test or do you have any predictions of what may come up?

Any help would be great, Thanks a lot !
Reply 7
For me my teacher said databases are not coming up in the exam which I have tommorow, but it might come up for you guys idk.
So these are the topics he said will come up:
-designing logos
- business letter (structure)
- typing reports
- revise webpages (on word)
- spreadsheets
- emails
Original post by Hifla_10
For me my teacher said databases are not coming up in the exam which I have tommorow, but it might come up for you guys idk.
So these are the topics he said will come up:
-designing logos
- business letter (structure)
- typing reports
- revise webpages (on word)
- spreadsheets
- emails

Thanks a lot for your help ! :smile:
Original post by dina.yasmin
sss

Thanks to anyone who reply

Hey you done your business studies unit 9 exam yesterday. What exam
board do you do it with and what came up a reply would be really apriciated. Thank You
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest