The Student Room Group

Check Your Privilege Quiz. XD

Scroll to see replies

You live with 49 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You’ve had your fair share of struggles, and you’ve worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

:frown::frown:
Reply 2
34. Not privileged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
42 out of 100.
Admittedly I did some mental gymnastics with some of them, I just wanted to get a low score for banter
67, you're quite priveleged
Um... somehow I've got 37/100 so I think this is a little off... :curious:

"You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You’ve had your fair share of struggles, and you’ve worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help."
45/100
Apparently 36 and not privileged, which I don't think is completely accurate :s-smilie:

This sounds like bs :s-smilie:
Original post by preetg97
Apparently 36 and not privileged, which I don't think is completely accurate :s-smilie:

I think it's because it's assuming you're a citizen of the USA (or another western developed country) so it's basing the score on that perspective :beard:

I've experienced a fair amount of racism in my life; but I'm a white, middle class British woman so I don't think I'm short on privilege really :lol:
You live with 56 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re quite privileged. You’ve had a few struggles, but overall your life has been far easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don’t have them. Thank you for checking your privilege.

Reply 12
Boom!

You live with 85 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re among the most privileged people in the world. We don’t live in an ideal world, but you happened to be born into an ideal lot. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. It just means a lot of other people in the world don’t live life with the advantages you have, and that’s something you should always be aware of. Hey, the fact that you took the time and effort to check your privilege means that you’re already trying.

Probably only lost points cause my parents dont pay my bills
Reply 13
Original post by Reue
Boom!

You live with 85 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re among the most privileged people in the world. We don’t live in an ideal world, but you happened to be born into an ideal lot. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. It just means a lot of other people in the world don’t live life with the advantages you have, and that’s something you should always be aware of. Hey, the fact that you took the time and effort to check your privilege means that you’re already trying.

Probably only lost points cause my parents dont pay my bills

One of those tests where Oprah scores lower than her white plumber.
This is a joke, right? (Like all the other buzzfeed quizzes) Or is it actually what liberals think is privilege? Because it's not a "privilege" to not be a victim of these things. I would not say that I am privileged for not having experienced racial or sexist or LGBT discrimination since this doesn't affect most people anyway- so are we all privileged?

It's wrong to try and guilt a majority of people by suggesting that they are privileged and out of touch just because a minority of people have experienced hardships or discrimination.

I got 74 btw
(edited 7 years ago)
43/100 :/
This quiz is really stupid. I got 45/100, but I know I am very privileged.
Being bisexual and having that section on the quiz is probably what dragged it down, but I don't think that makes me 'not' privileged? lmao

Also, the questions about 'going on holiday during spring break', 'frequent fliers' and 'going on holiday every year', your parents paying for your bills, etc - a very small proportion of the population would tick 'yes' to these, making the great majority 'not privileged' according to this, which is ********.
(edited 7 years ago)
82/100 :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest