The Student Room Group

How is everyone's A level Edexcel Maths preparation going?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NotNotBatman
ah, that was where I lost the mark on that test, I didn't relate the poisson dist. back to the question. I'll have to remember to do that. And about the spoiler bit; yeah sure :smile:.

Ah, I see :tongue: no worries, we've all made that mistake. S2'll probably go to your FM grade (depending on how you do in all the applied units at the end) and it's a good unit for UMS (compared to something like FP2) so just make sure you don't have any regrets at the end of it :tongue:

:colondollar: thanks, bit weird I know. Sorry :colondollar:
Original post by Noara
You and me need to pull the gear mode to high...

We certainly do but a lot can be achieved in short time if we really go for it
Haven't done anything, will definitely get 100% with my eyes closed.
Reply 23
[QUOTE=SeanFM;64562489]I did okay funnily enough, there were worse modules :bawling: it was very stressful overall and I wanted to quit in the first year :s-smilie: but here I am, reaching the end of the second year and not really studying for exams :rofl:.

I am honestly scared for Uni. Like obv the exams there will be a lot harder than A levels and I will need to do something about this "omg-lets-be-lazy-before-exams" ritual of mine in order to get good grades:colonhash:
Reply 24
Original post by blackdiamond97
I'm doing C3, C4 and S2. C3 is okay, vectors in C4 has to be the most annoying topic, S2 is relatively easy but because my teacher is rubbish, I've had to teach the module to myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you use examsolutions by any chance? Just wondering.
Honesty if I get full raw marks,all the credit would go to Stuart Sidders😂
I'm doing maths and further maths (both at AS):
C1, C2: feeling very confident with the material, just need to make sure everything goes to plan in the exam
C3, M1, S1: quite confident, just need to do some more past papers and go over some of the harder topics
S2, M2: really struggling, can't understand a thing on M2 but on S2 I'm improving a bit. I need to sort my M2 game out before the exam
Original post by Noara
I am honestly scared for Uni. Like obv the exams there will be a lot harder than A levels and I will need to do something about this "omg-lets-be-lazy-before-exams" ritual of mine in order to get good grades:colonhash:

To tell you the truth, I was too, and in my first year I felt at times that it was too difficult and that I'd be hopeless at exams :tongue: but the secret is to just keep on top of it all - do the homework set, extra reading if necessary and comb over the lecture notes, but also have fun, you know. Do whatever you want to do with that extra independence. :borat: The first year, unless you want to do a placement year or your first year actually counts, is just there to get used to uni, the difficulty, the quality of study required etc. If you fail then that's trouble but otherwise.. it's all about settling in and getting the best grade you can. The jump is just like from GCSE to A-level, and don't worry - should you struggle, you won't be the only one.
Reply 27
[QUOTE=Music With Rocks;64565041]We certainly do but a lot can be achieved in short time if we really go for it

Ikr? It's totally possible. I can still get full raw marks and you can still get A*. BIAM BAM BOOM.
Reply 28
Original post by Dilzo999
Haven't done anything, will definitely get 100% with my eyes closed.

Haven't done anything, will definitely get world ranking with my arms crossed.
Original post by Noara
Did you use examsolutions by any chance? Just wondering.
Honesty if I get full raw marks,all the credit would go to Stuart Sidders😂

Yep, he's a god send :yep: I use him for the actual exam solutions, and a combination of him, hegartymaths and the textbook for teaching
Original post by Noara
Haven't done anything, will definitely get world ranking with my arms crossed.

Haven't done anything, will definitely get the highest score in history while break dancing in the middle of the exam hall.
Original post by Noara
Vectors honestly remind me on hell on this planet.
I'm trying really hard these days to not procrastinate but I'm not doing well :colonhash:

But vectors are bae :cry2:
___
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Imperion
But vectors are bae :cry2:

:five:

How's M3 looking for ya m8? Exam's in 2 weeks. :eek:
Original post by Ayman!

I won't lie and say I'm not terrified :laugh: I'm revising to the best of my ability so fingers crossed :tongue:

I have physics in exactly a week :eek :
Good but I'm sick of D1 and M2. I'm beginning to get more confident in FP3 which is pretty solid anyway.

I'm doing A2 maths and further maths.

C3: A* in most recent assessment.
C4: A* in most recent assessment.
D1: Not done a full assessment yet.
FP2: A* in most recent assessment.
FP3: Not got results back yet. Confident though.
M2: Not done a full assessment yet.
I have prepared a good amount for all of them... and yet feel like a great storm is coming. Like every exam will be extremely hard. Anyone else get that feeling sometimes? Not to mention M3 being so early for some god damn reason D:<
(edited 7 years ago)
ready for C3 C4 M2 M3, not ready for FP2 and FP3 yet but I've done virtually all of the exercises in Edexcel and a lot of FP2 papers, will focus more once M3 is out the way
Original post by Ayman!

M3 is a really nice module. I had to use a lot from M3 to do some slightly tougher mechanics questions.

Best of luck with that mate.

Spoiler

Ok I guess.
M3 looking good
M4 looking good
M5 less good but okay
S3 less ok then M5 but still okay.
D1-2 S4 **** knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending