The Student Room Group

Lets Talk Fountain Pens

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayestar
for some reason, u remind me of a girl in my skl haha
do u do AQA too?

Indeed, i am not a girl at your school. Goodluck on your studies and make great art.
Argh, I hate when you get paper stuck in the nib and it starts writing like a brush pen. Oh, friends are people that own fountain pens and you don't want them to die instantly.
Original post by Dawg_Money_2
They are bloody brilliant but very spurned nowadays however gradually becoming more savant to the students. What are your favourite fountain pens or why do you not use fountain pens you absolute basket case go crack your head on a brick.

I use a ultra-solid Lamy Safari; decided my fate so many times. Used it to write my IGCSEs and my overseas interview from Imperial, and I'm most certainly using it for the IB exams.
Original post by Anonymous
niccccccccceeeeeeeeeee, steel nib right? How wet is it?

It is quite a wet nib indeed, ink comes out thick and fast. And yeah, steel nib, which was a bit disappointing given the price
My pen's got no name, nothing. It was a custom piece made by my DT Teacher. He'd make pens in the DT lab and sell them relatively cheaply when you consider they were hand made from real wood. I still have mine, and I've had it for nearly 5 years. It's been through 2 Nibs, and the main body is starting to break, but it's still a wonderful piece to have :smile:
Never used one in school as they're utterly useless for us left handed people.
Reply 66
Original post by JamesN88

I'm left handed and i've been using a fountain pen since year 10
Original post by rym4n
I'm left handed and i've been using a fountain pen since year 10

isnt it difficult to write in fountain pen left handed? i was thinking it mite smudge the writing...
Waterman fountain pen. Tool of the patrician.
Reply 69
Original post by rayestar
isnt it difficult to write in fountain pen left handed? i was thinking it mite smudge the writing...

I hold my pen so that the nib is on the line above and my hand is below the line so it doesn't touch the ink
Original post by rym4n
I hold my pen so that the nib is on the line above and my hand is below the line so it doesn't touch the ink

ohhh tgats smart! i think I mite tell my friends that cos she is left handed
How was everyone's day? Weather was sublime.
Original post by JamesN88

Trust me, they are sublime
Original post by Dawg_Money_2
They are bloody brilliant but very spurned nowadays however gradually becoming more savant to the students. What are your favourite fountain pens or why do you not use fountain pens you absolute basket case go crack your head on a brick.

i hate using fountain pens because they keep getting clogged with paper and leaking on me. also they dont create uniform thickness on different aspects of letters (and they are a pain to do curved writing).
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Waterman fountain pen. Tool of the patrician.

American pen right?
Original post by quasa
i hate using fountain pens because they keep getting clogged with paper and leaking on me. also they dont create uniform thickness on different aspects of letters (and they are a pain to do curved writing).

Try using a jinhao if you're sceptical. WHSmith fountain pens often have this problem. What pens do you use?
How was everyone's day? Weather was sublime.

It was truly awesome
Try using a jinhao if you're sceptical. WHSmith fountain pens often have this problem. What pens do you use?

currently, any random biro. fountain pen wise...parkers
Original post by Redmonds
It is quite a wet nib indeed, ink comes out thick and fast. And yeah, steel nib, which was a bit disappointing given the price

True but Visconti know what they are doing, therefore, it writes better than a gold nib. The Dream Touch Palladium on the Homosapien is awe inspired.
Original post by pinkfloydfan
I use a ultra-solid Lamy Safari; decided my fate so many times. Used it to write my IGCSEs and my overseas interview from Imperial, and I'm most certainly using it for the IB exams.

A trusted companion to all writers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending