The Student Room Group

Is it shameful for a girl to have Tinder?

I'd like to download tinder just out of curiosity; I'm not really in to hooking up though and I have heard of some success stories from friends who have met their boyfriends on there. However, I know tinder users - particularly females - are often stigmatised for using it but I'm not sure if this just depends on the kind of image they portray in pictures.

I know that some of my exes are on there and I worry that when I download it they'll see me as perhaps desperate in using a hook up app. Although I could say the same about them I just feel men can get away with using it.

Thoughts? Is tinder really just for the desperate/ whoreish individual?
Original post by Anonymous
I'd like to download tinder just out of curiosity; I'm not really in to hooking up though and I have heard of some success stories from friends who have met their boyfriends on there. However, I know tinder users - particularly females - are often stigmatised for using it but I'm not sure if this just depends on the kind of image they portray in pictures.

I know that some of my exes are on there and I worry that when I download it they'll see me as perhaps desperate in using a hook up app. Although I could say the same about them I just feel men can get away with using it.

I downloaded tinder out of boredom. After seeing the crap people put in their bios I deleted it. No one's ever had a serious relationship out of tinder
I can assure you that there are going to be individuals in the world who will both judge you for having Tinder, and judge you for not having Tinder.

Live your life, people gonna be salty every which way anyway.
Original post by JigsawFalling
No one's ever had a serious relationship out of tinder

Rather a sweeping statement. Of course people have it's just not that common. I'm in one.
Reply 4
I downloaded tinder out of boredom. After seeing the crap people put in their bios I deleted it. No one's ever had a serious relationship out of tinder

o rly
Original post by difeo
o rly

I was generalising, most guys are looking to hook up and most girls do it for a laugh
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Goooo for it I'm in there and it's not bad 👌 Hopefully we match maybe...
Reply 7
Plenty of girl next door types in there massaging their egos and looking for a relationship I should imagine.
:dontknow:

As Paddy McGuinness would say, the power is in your hands.

It doesn't/shouldn't matter what your exes think of you, if they were to even see you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
No one's ever had a serious relationship out of tinder

My brother's just married the girl he met there.
Reply 10
tinders greattt defo recommend to anyone and you might match with me :smile:
Nah if girls didn't use tinder the app wouldn't work for ye olde straightmen, it's doing people a service fam

My favourite bios were the girls going "I'm a bitch and I know it [some sort of senseless emoji here]"

Let me know that I needed to swipe no, which was very good of them really.
Who cares if people judge you? You can't expect people to never judge you - people will always judge you, from how you look, what your name is, the way you walk, talk, study, work, etc.

So why spend time worrying about them?

You want a guy's perspective? I wouldn't really mind if a girl had one, although I would get the impression that they weren't looking for something serious so I would be interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending