The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I actually learnt this in psychology. Fathers usually teach their sons to suppress their feelings which is why men don't cry.
Original post by _Xenon_
Do boys cry and is it OK if a boy cries? Why are some called nasty names if they cry? Is this fair? What are your thoughts?

Is a boy who cries weak?

I often cry when my fridge is empty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I try to cry.
Reply 43
Original post by _Xenon_
I don't cry but I sometimes explode with tears which come out forcefully which have been trapped inside me for so long. This is not often though and happens when I am in a situation which makes me feel overwhelmed in which I tend to become really aggressive. This shocks people as I'm so quiet and seem so nice. They won't believe it. Nobody understands me or knows how I feel though. People think I'm weird. I have no friends. I cannot make friends either as I don't know how to. I'm not able to talk to people and I don't know how to express myself. I don't know what is bothering me. I've always been "weird" and I've never been able to make friends like others can so easily. I even started speaking later than people my age when I was younger. I don't know why I'm like this. I don't know why I feel like this. I just feel sad always. That is me. :frown:

I'm currently doing GCSEs.

Hmmm... I don't want to make any assumptions, but I was wondering whether you've considered the possibility of having Aspergers.

I ask because this sounds a lot like me a few years ago. I was only officially diagnosed a few months ago but some of what you say hits the nail on the head for the issues I had back then.

Again, I don't want to say you have or you haven't, but I'd suggest looking into it as a possibility. Do some research and if you think you might, talk to your GP about it. When I went to the GP I took two lists of "symptoms" that I felt I had and got referred. If it turns out you have, you can use that diagnosis to get some support.

My inbox is also open if you wanna talk or ask for advice.
Original post by _Xenon_
Do boys cry and is it OK if a boy cries? Why are some called nasty names if they cry? Is this fair? What are your thoughts?

Is a boy who cries weak?

Yes, why isn't ok? of course it is xD
Because other ppl have a stupid ingrained society view of men being 100% stoic all the time
No because ppl are biased and refuse to change their views
My thoughts are cry all the **** you want i don't care.....

no why are they weak? it's this ingrained picture of men being super stoic and not showing any emotion isn't it .-.
same goes for the unrealistic beauty standards of women as an example

Original post by Mona-S
I thin it's cute when men cry. :colondollar:

you'll think i'm super un-cute then :colonhash:
Reply 45
Original post by Vennec
Hmmm... I don't want to make any assumptions, but I was wondering whether you've considered the possibility of having Aspergers.

I ask because this sounds a lot like me a few years ago. I was only officially diagnosed a few months ago but some of what you say hits the nail on the head for the issues I had back then.

Again, I don't want to say you have or you haven't, but I'd suggest looking into it as a possibility. Do some research and if you think you might, talk to your GP about it. When I went to the GP I took two lists of "symptoms" that I felt I had and got referred. If it turns out you have, you can use that diagnosis to get some support.

My inbox is also open if you wanna talk or ask for advice.

Hi I want to talk to you thanks a lot.
Reply 46
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi I want to talk to you thanks a lot.

No problem. Hit me up whenever you're ready.
I find it really hard to cry. Even at funerals with people around you crying I find it difficult
Original post by _Xenon_
I feel like crying but I don't. I keep everything inside me which is probably why I feel so depressed and sad alll the time. I have no friends either and I don't know what to do. :frown:

cry all you want, but not for the sake o friend they come and go. and the ones that approach you first mostly are nt good friends so wait and you will find good friends
Original post by neal95
I find it really hard to cry. Even at funerals with people around you crying I find it difficult

then do not cry but it is best to do a check up on your mental health since it could be a problem from childhood