The Student Room Group

How did paper 22 0580 go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by vasuxx
The year is 2043 because the number of years A= 17.3(1+1.14/100) to the power of n. Then we were supposed to find n, and by using trial and error, the correct answer is 29. You add that to 14, and get 2043. Therefore, technically, by the year 2043 there are 10 billion people on earth.

No, by the year 2043 there are more than 10 billion people. You have to find the year in which the population became 10 billion. If the population at the beginning of 2043 is more than 10 billion, you have to backtrack and go to 2042. The correct answer is not even 29. It's actually 28.6133, which is in the year 2042. 29 gives you a value greater than 10 billion so it wouldnt be in 2043.
It was really difficult for me :/ The whole circle theorem thing I got wrong and others which are like 2 marks each :/ I'm weak at maths.
Its 2042. Can confirm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abdullah IGCSE
I Solved over 15+ past papers and scored an A in each,This one was very difficult :/

bro keep dat bomb away frum me
i did something like 68,77,77,78

HEY it wasnt (68,77,77,78)
It was (68,76,78,78) because they clearly said that 78 is the mode
Original post by JickDee
Its 2042. Can confirm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was 2043
Original post by 15demon
Yayy. !! Where did you find the solution? Send a link maybe.

lol i did the exam today
yeah same here it was pretty tough compared to other papers
Original post by Imperion
I wanna see this paper. Harder than the '15 one? :ninja:

WAYYYYYY HARDER THAN THE 15 one, this paper makes 2015 look like a piece of cake. HARDEST MATHS EXAM EVER
Will variation, quadratic formula, exchange rates appear in paper 4? Its a paper 2 thing :/
Original post by rakan_igcse
WAYYYYYY HARDER THAN THE 15 one, this paper makes 2015 look like a piece of cake. HARDEST MATHS EXAM EVER

i woudnt say it was hard rather these igsce ppl twisted the question and the paper became deceiving
Original post by small_genius
i woudnt say it was hard rather these igsce ppl twisted the question and the paper became deceiving

LOL
It was 68,76,78,78
The nth term was 3^n-1
The answer to the 4 mark circle theorem question was 62 i think
Original post by 15demon
So someone does agree with my 62. I have like 0 evidence. I mean the right triangle rule only applies to semicircles so.. how did you get 62?

the two radius' joined a chord so the triangle is isoceles, and we go on from there.
I Solved over 15+ past papers and scored an A in each,This one was very difficult :/

Glad to know i'm not the only one :frown: I did paper 21 but it was still tough. Even the A-levels said their exam was tough:afraid::afraid: I just hop the grade boundaries are LOW
Original post by 15demon
So someone does agree with my 62. I have like 0 evidence. I mean the right triangle rule only applies to semicircles so.. how did you get 62?

the two radius formed a isosceles triangle and the angle was 28 so using the angle sum property for triangle we get 124 (180-28*2) and then we use the property of circles which says ANGLE AT THE CENTER IS DOUBLE THE ANGLE AT CIRCUMFERENCE therefore angle+124/2=62
Original post by Lola_Lola
the two radius' joined a chord so the triangle is isoceles, and we go on from there.

Yeah. Then you find the angle at the center which is twice the angle at the circumference. So it was like 124/2=62
Original post by small_genius

Took a tip outta edexcel's book xD
It was pretty tough. I messed up in the nth term and recurring decimal question. Oh and I wrote rhombus instead of parallelogram :'(
I got all the other answers though
Well I think that's one of the only questions I kind of understood. I think I got something like
a) a+b-c
b) half iof a so 1/2(a+b-c0
c) 1/2a- 1/2c+ 5/6b or something similar

Original post by nikhil99
did anyone do the vectors question properly? i think i screwed it up

Quick Reply

Latest