The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah I need my A...
It had better be easier...
Reply 22
Did the 2015 paper recently. The paper wasn't very hard it was just a lot more wordy than usual and expected you to infer more from the questions. The Hannah question wasn't particularly IMPOSSIBLE it was just a HUGE step, its something like 'HANNAH HAS 6 SWEETS[some information] SHOW THAT n^2-n-90=0' it's like 'wut?' but if you know its a probability question then you know what to do but idk

I have a feeling it'll be similar this year but won't be as hard as last year. This of course, will mean the grade boundaries will be a little higher than before.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
I have the feeling they will. Loool just to take the piss tbh:colonhash:

Think of maths as a game of logic and methodology and practise. If i were you, I would practise the Hannah's sweets question to see if i would get it right.
I have the feeling they will. Loool just to take the piss tbh:colonhash:

I have the gut feeling that this years paper will be the hardest one and maybe have numerous "Hannah's" on it as the new GCSE starts next year and they need this year's statistics for next year's GCSE which is gonna be much harder and to have more accurate stats they need a harder paper which maybe could match up to they 2017 standards.
I don't think Edexcel would want to go through the same kinda publicity from the media again. The November paper is generally the harder paper (compared to June), but in November people who sat woulda realised it was much easier, also being evident by looking at the grade boundaries: 167/200 for A* and 135/200 for an A.

I think it'll be along similar difficulty levels as the November paper. Plus its better for those sitting the exam this year now: the non calculator and calculator are 2 weeks apart this year (to accommodate for ramdhan i think?) whereas usually they're 3-4 days apart, so you'll have the half term holidays to revise for it too. GL :smile:
Original post by zanner
Did the 2015 paper recently. The paper wasn't very hard it was just a lot more wordy than usual and expected you to infer more from the questions. The Hannah question wasn't particularly IMPOSSIBLE it was just a HUGE step, its something like 'HANNAH HAS 6 SWEETS[some information] SHOW THAT n^2-n-90=0' it's like 'wut?' but if you know its a probability question then you know what to do but idk

I have a feeling it'll be similar this year but won't be as hard as last year. This of course, will mean the grade boundaries will be a little higher than before.

Tbh i'd rather they made the 2016 paper the same level as june 2015 and kept the grade boundaries low. You literally needed 78/100 on both papers for A* which is unbelievable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's merely idle talk, but a friend of mine told me that Edexcel has recently sent the paper back to the people who write the paper, as it was too hard!
Swear to God they're gonna put in another Hannah just to take the piss:colonhash:

raksha really pissed me off tbh :erm:
Her name though I was creasing. Like the who tf names their child Raksha.

RAKKKKKKKKKKKKKSha
After last year's question about Hannah's sweets, maybe not but nobody know's what could be on the exam paper. Hopefully it will be an easy one!
Original post by SM45367
I don't think Edexcel would want to go through the same kinda publicity from the media again. The November paper is generally the harder paper (compared to June), but in November people who sat woulda realised it was much easier, also being evident by looking at the grade boundaries: 167/200 for A* and 135/200 for an A.

I think it'll be along similar difficulty levels as the November paper. Plus its better for those sitting the exam this year now: the non calculator and calculator are 2 weeks apart this year (to accommodate for ramdhan i think?) whereas usually they're 3-4 days apart, so you'll have the half term holidays to revise for it too. GL :smile:

Ikr.November was average for me,it was a little hard,but much much easier than June.:smile:Hopefully they make it easy or average.
I would DIE if we had another Hannah:lol: I hope it's not harder than last year, they wouldn't want all the bad publicity again from last year, it'd be worse for them if it was two years in a row
I sat edexcel jun15 maths paper last year and got 195/200, hannah's sweets wasnt that hard and was aimed at A* candidates hence why it was like question 20. The hardest question in the paper, which I wrote nothing for after staring at for 25 minutes was one about grain and a cylinder. Easy now, but at the time I just could not get my head around it.

Im sitting AS Maths and Further maths this year. I believe the exams are going to be significantly harder which is very worrying. June 2016 edexcel GCSE maths should be about the same standard as last years paper, which really wasnt that hard at all if you didn't learn by repetition without understanding what exactly you're doing.

Good luck anyway, don't listen to people saying edexcel have recalled the papers etc. Nobody really knows that...
Reply 33
Who knows where I can get the November 2015 paper?
Original post by homeland.lsw
raksha really pissed me off tbh :erm:
Her name though I was creasing. Like the who tf names their child Raksha.

RAKKKKKKKKKKKKKSha

Lool Ikkk. Raksha acc means "savior" lool but I don't see no savior anywhere on the paper smh.:colonhash:
Original post by Tinka99
I have the gut feeling that this years paper will be the hardest one and maybe have numerous "Hannah's" on it as the new GCSE starts next year and they need this year's statistics for next year's GCSE which is gonna be much harder and to have more accurate stats they need a harder paper which maybe could match up to they 2017 standards.

I'm actually hoping and praying they don't. Like I need my a levels tyvm edexcel:colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Apparently the topics that come up in the first paper won't come up in the second?
Lool Ikkk. Raksha acc means "savior" lool but I don't see no savior anywhere on the paper smh.:colonhash:

Oh...
I'm sorry if I offended any Rakshas
The Hannah's sweets question was a bit difficult, but the 5 mark grain question :redface: I'm surprised no-one made a big deal about that.
hope its easy cos last year and that, lets end it with a bang! also the publicity they got was pretty bad, so i guess they may make it slightly nicer, but seriously thoug, hannah, just count your sweets, nobody cares fam was the probability is of getting and orange okay! just eat them, and leave, sort your own life out:colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending