The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] Edexcel 6BI02 (Unit 2 Old Spec) June 2016 (Exam Discussion)

Hey guys,

This thread is for the old specification of the Unit 2 exam! Feel free to post in thread post and pre exam discussion.

Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I added this to the A Level directory thread for you (which you can find here) :parrot:
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I added this to the A Level directory thread for you (which you can find here) :parrot:

I appreciate that.
how is the prep going?
p.s. doubts can be posted on the thread

Original post by ABeingOnEarth
HELLO EVERYBODY!

This is the exam thread for discussion for the exam in the title. Made this as there were none other for this exam.

So for starters does anyone have any predictions for what might come up?

we wont get dcpip as the practical as it was given in the u1 jan 2016 paper.
i think daphnia will come. if im not mistaken, it came last in jan 2014 :smile:
I'M HERE altho technically i'm resitting it

EDIT; sorry not me mines is on the 25th
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
5 more days left for it :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Roma-s
same 9 of may :frown:
really worried
do guyx have notes or anything else for unit 2??

All you need for unit 2.
Reply 7
Original post by Haddar
All you need for unit 2.

thanks alot
so how are you guys actually revising like I've learn all the core practicals,gonna d a bit of unit 2 then go through exam papers tomorrow
Reply 9
Original post by hadzyster99
so how are you guys actually revising like I've learn all the core practicals,gonna d a bit of unit 2 then go through exam papers tomorrow

mainly past papers tbh
Original post by Haddar

The first unit 1 exam is on 26th may.
Reply 11
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
The first unit 1 exam is on 26th may.

Unit 3 IAS biology exam is in 5 days. Unit 1 is on the 26th
So just past papers any predictions
Original post by Haddar

Yesss!
I have no idea what to do :colondollar:
Do you have any idea about the format of the reference though?
Original post by hadzyster99
So just past papers any predictions

I don't know if any predictions would come true :colondollar:
I would say though that the earlier years had tougher papers, I feel like the recent unit 3 papers have gotten easier. Or at least I think so. Let's hope for the best
Reply 15
Original post by Loody Nagy
I don't know if any predictions would come true :colondollar:
I would say though that the earlier years had tougher papers, I feel like the recent unit 3 papers have gotten easier. Or at least I think so. Let's hope for the best

Hard to predict a pattern tbh the old exam was 6BI07 we are now doing the WB so they may change the whole thing or repeat an old on.
Original post by Haddar
Hard to predict a pattern tbh the old exam was 6BI07 we are now doing the WB so they may change the whole thing or repeat an old on.

You're right.
I got a question though.

In the second question, when they ask us to identify the problem discussed what do I write when there is no actual 'problem', like if it was just a casual research?
Original post by Loody Nagy
I got a question though.

In the second question, when they ask us to identify the problem discussed what do I write when there is no actual 'problem', like if it was just a casual research?

There will always be a probelm. When you are stating it, be very concise and clear

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a question...
The elastic fibres (in the aorta) stretch so that they can accommodate the greater volume of blood without being damaged. Between surges, these elastic fibres return to their original length, thus squeezing the blood and moving it in a continuous flow. This is known as elastic recoil.Alright, but does this elastic recoil raise or lower the blood pressure? If not, does it have any other role other than allowing the blood to move in a continuous flow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending