The Student Room Group

Race for the White House: TSR poll

Scroll to see replies

Clinton, although I'm not convinced it's as clear cut as some others here are suggesting.
Original post by Dawg_Money_2
THEY NEED A BLOODY WALL. YOU CAN HEAR ALL OF THOSE MEXICAN FINGERInG COWS FROM WASHINGTON.

WTF...
Reply 22
Trump will win. Especially now he's a become a lot more serious with his speeches and campaign etc.
Hillary
Since big bad Bern is out we should start getting ready to pay respects to the Don.
Hilary
In our school, there seems to be a negative stigma on Trump supporters/being right wing. I dont like being called the love child of Putin and Trump.
As much as I want Bernie, I think the only way he will win is if Hilary drops out. Which would require them finding something incriminating in her investigation.
I feel sorry for US atm, these are the worst presidential candidates ever
Why are people voting Bernie? Why is it even an option?
It's not going to happen.

I voted Trump because I agree it won't be that clear cut.

Lol at USA.
Reply 30
Whilst Bernie would be the best president imo, if it's down to Hillary vs Trump, Trump has it in the bag. Hillary's good at buying off and smearing other campaigns. Trump's not only a billionaire but has nothing Hillary can use against him.
However, if Trump started looking for Hillary's skeletons he would find a graveyard of iraq war casualties. That being said, neither of them are good in the slightest.
Although I hate Trump and admittedly don't know enough about Hillary to form an opinion on her, I only know a few bad things and she's not very well liked, and I think Bernie would be a great president, I honestly think Clinton will win, especially now Cruz has dropped out. Trump will be close, but Clinton may well win. Nothing she's said seem as bad to me personally about what Trump has said so if it has to be one of them, I hope it's Clinton. But I also hope it's neither of them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Trump will make a lot of blue collar voters go Republican (Reagan), because he wants to bring manufacturing jobs back, also he's against TPP and trade deals. Hillary is just a pro-corporate neo-conservative.

Honestly, in the debates Trump is gonna blast Hillary away.
(edited 7 years ago)
well bernie is a cutie but nobodys gunna vote for him

looks like Hillary is getting lots of predictions, honestly i dont know of her ethics but im sure its better than trump who is a laughing stock, im begging you america, make the right decision, please, not trump
I don't know why I voted for Bernie, hes the least likely. Guessing I voted for who I would want to win and I was quite curious who ever people voted for.

But it will probably be Hillary Clinton.
Original post by shooks
Time for a quick TSR poll: who's going to be the next US president?

You should delete Sanders from the polls, its massively improbable from a mathematical point of view that he'll win.

All polls suggest an easy Clinton win though.
They respect Trump. They are afraid of him.

Doesn't matter if they like the United States; nothing they can do about it, as America is the richest, and most powerful nation on earth.

Americans want a strong leader, who puts American interests first

Original post by Jack1066
I wanted Bernie but he has got no chance at this point.

Even though I don't like Hillary I'd prefer her over Trump. Electing Trump would be a fast track ticket to America no longer being a world superpower IMO. No other country respects Trump, he's a laughing stock

America is still mainly White. Alienating Muslims is only helping Trump... This is not Europe, where certain nations have a Muslim population of 10-15%... America's Muslim population is around .08 %. Muslim vote is irrelevant

Trump is doing well with college educated voters. He just won Indiana, and won the college educated vote by a considerable margin. He also does well with the wealthy.

Americans of all stripes don't want unfettered third world immigration. Luckily, we're next to Mexico and Canada, and not Africa and the Middle East

Original post by doctorwhofan98
Definitely Hillary Clinton. The Dem primary is obviously still continuing, but Clinton has a big delegate lead, so Sanders would have to get an unrealistic amount of votes in the remaining primaries, and polls show that it won't happen. Sometimes he might pull an unexpected victory - as in Indiana - but there's no way he can get the nomination unless he convinced the superdelegates to switch (despite Clinton having more of the popular vote, so that won't happen).

So it's between Clinton and Trump. Considering Trump has alienated minorities, Muslims, a lot of women and pretty much every American with a college education, he can't win. Clinton isn't exactly a strong candidate (especially compared to Obama), but I think any Dem could easily win against Trump. As the US is diverse and multi-cultural - and thankfully has a lot of college grads - Clinton will win, even if a lot of those threatening 'BernieorBust' stick with their claims.
(edited 7 years ago)
I hope it will be Bernie. I personally think he is the best candidate but I think Hillary will win although, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins. I'm surprised he has got this far. At first it was quite funny but now its just scary how much support he has gathered.
Reply 39
How do people think Bernie could be president? he wont win the Democrat bid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending