The Student Room Group

Teacher Marking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kingaaran
Yeah, it's just seems like a cover up. You can't challenge AQA standardisation material - they are selected by the senior examiners who make the mark schemes and this type of resource is used to exemplify the standard to the examiners who will be marking your official script when you sit the paper.

If the senior examiners deem it to be a 12/12, then that is the standard for 12/12. Of course there can be fluidity in a candidate's response, but an 8 mark discrepancy (I'd hate to hear the band discrepancy) is pure lunacy!

So you're saying my teachers marking is **** which I agree with, but obviously he's covering up from humiliation but I'm not sure if I should pursee this further or just leave it at that
Original post by Drunq
So you're saying my teachers marking is **** which I agree with, but obviously he's covering up from humiliation but I'm not sure if I should pursee this further or just leave it at that

Well there is nothing that you can really do other than tell someone that his marking is way off standard and, thus, whatever he is projected your class is also going to be very inaccurate.

I just can't believe how he claimed AQA's standardisation material is wrong and thinks he knows more than the chief examiners.

Quick Reply

Latest