The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE Biology Alternative to Practical

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IWriteNovels
Yeah, you'd get marks for showing the different segments of the vascular tissue. But it did say not to draw in individual cells...

Yes i know, but seeing as the picture was full of cells I didn't exactly know where to start:frown:
Original post by 123Master321
It asked for one in bold
True, and exam technique was key to this paper...
It asked for one in bold

yolo
Reply 83
For the control of the potato experiment will I get the marks for saying don't use ethanol on one test to show that ethanol has an effect on rate of reaction
Original post by examhater44
For the safety one, I put wear safety googles and gloves

I put wear gloves too

This has appeared in previous mark schemes, gas syringe is fine

Gas syringe is the correct answer
Original post by XCharlotteDoyleX
Yes i know, but seeing as the picture was full of cells I didn't exactly know where to start:frown:

I drew the outline, then the multiple layers, I drew the ONE xylem vessel as asked as you have to read the full question it says only draw that. I draw the multiple regions, I think it was worth like 5 marks?
Reply 86
For the control of the potato experiment will I get the marks for saying don't use ethanol on one test to show that ethanol has an effect on rate of reaction
IMG_1957.jpgThis is what i drew. how many marks is this worth?
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
I drew the outline, then the multiple layers, I drew the ONE xylem vessel as asked as you have to read the full question it says only draw that. I draw the multiple regions, I think it was worth like 5 marks?

It never said draw one xylem vessel, only identify the xylem and phloem, xylem are cells so I think you had to not put the xylem in it
Original post by XCharlotteDoyleX
So if i drew the diagram exactly how it looked on the paper will i get any marks at all?:frown:

u may get marks for size but otherwise i think not.
Reply 90
Original post by DhillonDodhia
u may get marks for size but otherwise i think not.

Wouldn't yo uget marks for the shape as well as label
Reply 91
Im actually so worried i lost small marks...
there was one question for the control experiment and i said boil the potato and repeat the rest. I forgot to say that it would denature the enzymes aswell aha i did so ****.
It never said draw one xylem vessel, only identify the xylem and phloem, xylem are cells so I think you had to not put the xylem in it

How could you label it if you didn't draw it?
Original post by SalopJack
IMG_1957.jpgThis is what i drew. how many marks is this worth?

Maybe 2 or 3?
How could you label it if you didn't draw it?

Label the section
Reply 95
Wait so if you literally drew what the image was on the paper and labelled xylem vessel how many marks would you get
Label the section

It wouldn't mean just label an empty section, you probably needed to drawn the outline of the xylem vessel as it said identify on your diagram I think.
Reply 97
14.5 or 15 for the mean value in the table. Some of my mates rounded up or down and some left it the same.
Meh, I think it's to a certain number of sig figs, rounded wouldn't be necessary.

No ur wrong, it said to label the position of the xylem, not draw any xylem vessels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending