The Student Room Group

Advice needed for applying to universities in UK for medicine

I am currently doing my A levels and wish to study medicine in the UK as an international student aiming to get a full scholarship for financial reasons.
I have 10A*s as my O/L results (IGCSE edexcel).
Currently doing Biology, chemistry, math and physics and aim to get 4A* for my ALs.
What unis would you suggest that I should apply to that can grant me full scholarships?
Reply 2
Original post by Samna
I am currently doing my A levels and wish to study medicine in the UK as an international student aiming to get a full scholarship for financial reasons.
Currently doing Biology, chemistry, math and physics and aim to get 4A* for my ALs.
What unis would you suggest that I should apply to that can grant me full scholarships?

In the UK there's little probability of finding a scholarship which covers both your tuition fees and living costs. You might be better off looking at the US.
Reply 3
Original post by Samna
As an international applicant for medicine, your chances of a UK awarded scholarship for fees, let alone living costs, would be remote in the extreme - I'm not even sure that such exist. As Klix88 has suggested, if your own country can't assist, you should investigate the options in the US. I suspect it will be a case of checking out individual university websites - that might lead you to some sort of national database of scholarships, but I doubt it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just to second the wonderful advice above. For medicine there are no scholarships for international students. There is barely any help for Home students (an odd hundred here or there from charities, some universities offer bursaries for first year).

If you come to the UK you have to be able to afford to pay for the whole 5 years. Universities have no qualms about asking you to leave part way through a medical degree, if you can no longer pay. And that is devastating when it happens.

Original post by Samna

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending