The Student Room Group

Quiet guy with no friends and always alone

Scroll to see replies

It depends if You (OP) are a boy or a girl. If you are a girl he might think you are making fun of him.
Original post by Anonymous
Aww that's so sweet, you should go up to them!! So what if they are a bit smarter than you, trust me at least one of them is pretending to be smart when in reality they probably don't know what's going on.
Seriously there is nothing wrong with it, there are some people that do that to my group of friends and we just talk to them like normal. Actually now they've become really close to us.

The problem is I'm never alone, so it would be awkward if I started speaking to him when my friends are there. But next time I'm walking past him I'll say hi and then maybe after a while speak to him? Is that okay? Or would it be weird?

Good luck for tomorrow!! Just do it and if it doesn't work, at least you tried. What's the worst that could happen!! :tongue:

The thing is I'm probably just as able as them, I just happen to be a bit lazy at times lol
So they might be talking about something and I'll have no clue because I haven't practiced it yet lol
But thank you yes, I'll definitely go for it! :biggrin:

Why don't you tell your friends you'd like to start talking to him since he's all alone. So when you're with them and you say hello to him, it wouldn't be as awkward since they know you'd like to be nice? idk
I guess best case scenario is talking to him when he's alone and your friends aren't around so you can talk to him properly.
Original post by AhmedMA99
It depends if You (OP) are a boy or a girl. If you are a girl he might think you are making fun of him.

I am a girl, why would I make fun of him. :s-smilie:
That's a bit weird if he thinks that.
Going to be a downer here but just keep in mind although some people are alone due to shyness/lack of social skills but would really like friends, some actually want to be alone and although it may be a defense mechanism (probably convinced themselves they like being alone/hate other people, when they are lonely), can actually be quite narcissistic. So go ahead and try and talk with them, but don't be shocked if they have a dismissive or sarcastic attitude towards your efforts. Also as a lone girl suddenly showing him kindness out of nowhere, if his isolation related to some sort of personally issue on his part, be careful he doesn't become obsessed with you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
Thank you!!

My first exam is next week but we don't have lectures anymore. I guess I'll speak to him next year.
How's studying going? Have you revised yet?

Looking forward to hearing the good news! Have you spoken to him before?

The studying is coming along. Have I revised? Yes and no. Which is annoying since I have a lot of written papers this year :P
Original post by cs48
Looking forward to hearing the good news! Have you spoken to him before?

The studying is coming along. Have I revised? Yes and no. Which is annoying since I have a lot of written papers this year :P

Nope never, never even smiled. He always has a serious look, but I feel like if he did have friends he'll come to uni more often.

Ergh!! Tell me about it. I've been at this desk since 12 pm trying to do some work!
Nope never, never even smiled. He always has a serious look, but I feel like if he did have friends he'll come to uni more often.

Ergh!! Tell me about it. I've been at this desk since 12 pm trying to do some work!

it has to be you just tell me which uni
it has to be you just tell me which uni

You tell me which uni you attend first?! I doubt it's you though.
Reply 48

He could just be an introvert. Apparently we look serious by default; I know I've been asked why I'm angry when I'm in a good mood sometimes :P

What's even worse is if you somehow get writer's block. You're stuck wondering what notes to take while knowing you know none of the course material xD

You tell me which uni you attend first?! I doubt it's you though.

Maybe not, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it was? I'm kinda hoping it is :P
(edited 7 years ago)
How do I speak to him? He is always alone and made no friends since last year, I feel bad for him and want to be his friend, but it would be so awkward if I just go up to him and say hi.

This is so nice! I wish someone would do this for me.
i wish i was good looking enough for girls to approach me
Go up to him and say "hi"
How do I speak to him? He is always alone and made no friends since last year, I feel bad for him and want to be his friend, but it would be so awkward if I just go up to him and say hi.

Aww that's so kind! Wish I would meet someone like you! Are you a girl?

Just go over and start a conversation, he will be awkward since he will be surprised and won't know what to say but if you initiate and keep the convo going, if he is anything like me (cause I sound like the guy you described) then he will be grateful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending