The Student Room Group

17 year old only gets 101 hours work unpaid after raping a 12 year old

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Freudian Slit
It's less anti-islamophobia and more anti-hypocrisy.

The relative lack of outrage and posts compared to <ahem> a certain other thread is certainly a damning indictment on TSR's attitudes towards race and rape
In my opinion rapists should be jailed for life, a bit extreme but it's disgusting. Violating a human like that has no excuse.
Exactly. Smh. I wrote a similarly shady comment at this double standard on the other thread.
Original post by Freudian Slit
Exactly. Smh. I wrote a similarly shady comment at this double standard on the other thread.

Immigrants rape a young girl: Everyone goes mental
White guy rapes a child: *Tumbleweed*
Reply 24
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
In my opinion rapists should be jailed for life, a bit extreme but it's disgusting. Violating a human like that has no excuse.

Do you believe if a 17 year old has consensual sex with a (who they think) is a 14 year old- they should be jailed for life?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by samina_ay
No matter what punishment they give to the offender, they cannot erase the psychological damage that the victim has now and will carry for the rest of their life.

Why do people, in general, think it's ****ing okay to ruin somebody else's life like that?!

Look at the context of this case.

The victim who claimed she was 16 had consensual sex with a 17 year old. it turn out she was 12 but the perpetrator didn't know that.

Do you there is going to be much psychological effect on this victim? This wasn't a violent pull of the street forced sex this was a 12 year old lying about her age leading o a 17 year old thinking they were having sex with a 16 year old.

All I am saying is I don't think this victims life is ruined at all.
it definitely isn't extreme at all. Those unpaid hours are probably gonna scar him for 1 year or something max. But rape would scar the 12 year old for the rest of her life!
Reply 27
Original post by animeamanda1412
it definitely isn't extreme at all. Those unpaid hours are probably gonna scar him for 1 year or something max. But rape would scar the 12 year old for the rest of her life!

not necessary.

If I had consensual sex at 12 years old it wouldn't have scarred me.
Reply 28
We need capital punishment for people like him
Original post by animeamanda1412

Edited: NVM
Original post by wood12
Look at the context of this case.

The victim who claimed she was 16 had consensual sex with a 17 year old. it turn out she was 12 but the perpetrator didn't know that.

Do you there is going to be much psychological effect on this victim? This wasn't a violent pull of the street forced sex this was a 12 year old lying about her age leading o a 17 year old thinking they were having sex with a 16 year old.

All I am saying is I don't think this victims life is ruined at all.

He should have checked her true age; I'm not blaming Bull for being lied to but he should have known better

Original post by wood12
not necessary.

If I had consensual sex at 12 years old it wouldn't have scarred me.

You aren't the victim
Reply 31
What punishment do you think he should get? Do you really class him as an actual rapist? I mean some scumbag like jimmy saville. I agree rapist like jimmy saville should be put in jail for life or killed. But I don't see this person here like that.

You aren't the victim either. So i don't see why people are saying she will be traumatized for life considering she actually wanted sex.
Original post by wood12
What punishment do you think he should get? Do you really class him as an actual rapist? I mean some scumbag like jimmy saville. I agree rapist like jimmy saville should be put in jail for life or killed. But I don't see this person here like that.

You aren't the victim either. So i don't see why people are saying she will be traumatized for life considering she actually wanted sex.

Please go and read up on some human biology before commenting, it's common knowledge that the bodies and brains of a child or teenager are nowhere enough developed enough to be making big decisions such as having sex. Just because she 'wanted it' doesn't mean she was ready for it. There is a good reason why the age of consent is 16 and this is why, clearly judging by her sickness neither her mind nor her body was really ready for it!

As for Connor, no, I don't class him as a rapist as he was deceived, but the fact remains he broke the law by having sex with an underage person. The article says the victim gave varying ages including as young as 14 so if there had been any doubt he should not have proceeded
Reply 33
Yes but just because she had consensual sex at 12 years old it doesn't mean her life is ruined like people are trying to make. And I never said it was ok to have sex with a 12 year old - I was just merely looking at the facts of this case. From the 17 year olds point of view he was having sex with a 16 year old (you say 14 but it said 16 on one of your articles) and this is why i dont think he should face any jail time.

Your thread title is misleading. I came in here fuming at the thought of an actual rapist only getting community service but after reading the facts of the case I completely understand and agree with the sentence.
If it was a black guy that committed the same crime I think we all know what'll go down..
I don't really care to know what should be the proportionate "punishment" for acts such as these. I'm more interested to introduce Death.
Original post by wood12
Yes but just because she had consensual sex at 12 years old it doesn't mean her life is ruined like people are trying to make. And I never said it was ok to have sex with a 12 year old - I was just merely looking at the facts of this case. From the 17 year olds point of view he was having sex with a 16 year old (you say 14 but it said 16 on one of your articles) and this is why i dont think he should face any jail time.

Your thread title is misleading. I came in here fuming at the thought of an actual rapist only getting community service but after reading the facts of the case I completely understand and agree with the sentence.

I don't think I can change the title of the thread now but in my defence I only knew the details after I'd posted this and done some further looking into it myself

Nonetheless it was quite interesting to see how much attention this got vs the other thread of a similar nature this evening

It could have been ruined had she not have been mature enough to use contraception and ended up pregnant, hmm? None of the articles say if contraception was used but I doubt it considering neither of them seem to possess an ounce of common sense.

It said on the same article that facebook pages of her saying she was 14 was used as evidence, not pages saying she was 16. Whether or not Connor saw these and just ignored them is a matter not addressed.

I don't think it was fair of the media to brand him a rapist though, in retrospect
culturally enriched

working as planned

hmm
It is far too much of a coincidence that this young man is up before Stranraer Sheriff Court the day after you post details of this two year old conviction and sentence on the internet.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=f10013a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7#SUCA

What is your agenda?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nulli tertius
It is far too much of a coincidence that this young man is up before Stranraer Sheriff Court the day after you post details of this two year old conviction and sentence on the internet.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=f10013a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7#SUCA

What is your agenda?

I have no agenda; just thought I'd bring this case to light

It is a rather odd coincidence
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending