The Student Room Group

Going on nights out with ex I still like...

Hey, at the end of exams there are going to be some nights out. My ex is part of my friendship group and I've still got quite strong feelings for her. She'll be on the nights out and she used to be quite promiscuous when going out and drinking. I'm worried about seeing her get with a guy, or more likely worried that I'll be worried about seeing that all night on the nights out.
Often I even get jealous of her talking to other guys. I used to love nights out but now I'm worried this'll ruin them for me, and advice?
why did she become your ex then :unsure: if you still like her :colondollar:
Be a good sport and make sure you hold her bag while she chats him up
Reply 3
This is likely to be torturous if you are still hung up with her. Unless you can find an even better girlfriend to ease the pain perhaps it's better to find some alternative pursuits for a time.
Literally hit her ass and blame it on alchol. Repeat at least 3 times. Brgds
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
why did she become your ex then :unsure: if you still like her :colondollar:

Because we're not compatible :/ but that hasn't seemed to change how I feel about her

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
This is likely to be torturous if you are still hung up with her. Unless you can find an even better girlfriend to ease the pain perhaps it's better to find some alternative pursuits for a time.

I'll probably feel worse if I don't go, like all my friends will and I'll be left out. Plus they'll ask me why I'm not going..

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only way to avoid any discomfort when it comes to her is to avoid any contact, whether it be going out & seeing her, seeing on social media, asking after her etc. Distancing yourself is the only way. I would refrain from jumping straight into something else heavy, but a 'distraction' of sorts will indeed help
Good luck
Never mix girlfriends and your main group of friends.
Rarely works out.

Pragmatic, but I would cut all ties with her.
Sounds like you're going to get hurt.
Reply 9
[QUOTE=Lampshayde;64597303]I'll probably feel worse if I don't go, like all my friends will and I'll be left out. Plus they'll ask me why I'm not going..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, this also shows resilience which is a very positive trait. Make sure not to let her see you're fussed and so much the better if you can bring an absolute babe along too. Good luck.
Reply 10
Original post by Zarek
Yep, this also shows resilience which is a very positive trait. Make sure not to let her see you're fussed and so much the better if you can bring an absolute babe along too. Good luck.

Haha she knows I'm fussed. She knows how I feel so she probably wouldn't do anything in front of me but she kinda loses control when drunk.
Guess I'm just gonna have to role the dice and go out. I'll only be miserable at home if I don't...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending