The Student Room Group

1st year student changing course

I've almost finished my 1st year on a sports science degree but I'm not going to take my exams is i hate my course and i want to change/drop out and get a job. how easy would it be to change to course at the same uni and is it too late to apply for another uni?
Ask the relevant people in the uni. Probably the department you wnat to go to, they may or may not accpet you. Its not too late to apply to another uni, but youll have to have an answer why you wnat to drop out and transfer.
At my university you can change your degree any time until the end of second year I believe. I changed my degree at the end of my first semester of first year and it was really easy-I just had to fill out a form and the next day all my information and timetables were changed! However I did change to a related degree, so I had already completed some of the necessary modules; if you change to something totally unrelated you may have to start over again at the beginning of first year!
To change courses you will likely be asked to complete the year and achieve a certain grade
Original post by illuminalien
At my university you can change your degree any time until the end of second year I believe. I changed my degree at the end of my first semester of first year and it was really easy-I just had to fill out a form and the next day all my information and timetables were changed! However I did change to a related degree, so I had already completed some of the necessary modules; if you change to something totally unrelated you may have to start over again at the beginning of first year!

What uni do u go 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending