The Student Room Group

St George's/Kingston

I'm pretty confused regarding St George's University of London. I had a look at St George's nursing degree but it links me to Kingston University London, why does that happen? It might be because it's early but I just don't get why one university will link to another, are they the same faculty under different names?

Also, would I apply to St George's or Kingston? This is just pretty confusing for me :s-smilie:
So St Georges and Kingston share a joint healthcare facility. Things like physiotherapy and paramedic science are taught at St Georges fully, radiography students spend the first three months at St Georges then the rest at Kingston but they get their degree awarded from St Georges.

Although nursing is technically joint it is only delivered at Kingston and you will be awarded a degree from Kingston University. Apply to or the other, they are the same provider in your case.
Reply 2
Original post by harinimnida
So St Georges and Kingston share a joint healthcare facility. Things like physiotherapy and paramedic science are taught at St Georges fully, radiography students spend the first three months at St Georges then the rest at Kingston but they get their degree awarded from St Georges.

Although nursing is technically joint it is only delivered at Kingston and you will be awarded a degree from Kingston University. Apply to or the other, they are the same provider in your case.

Right! Ha thanks for clearing that up, I've only looked at courses closer to my home and I've never come across a partnership before. Would the work placement be at St George's?
Original post by pugpizza
Right! Ha thanks for clearing that up, I've only looked at courses closer to my home and I've never come across a partnership before. Would the work placement be at St George's?

Honestly they can send you to over 10 different places so it's best to see if they have the placement list on kingstons website. I got an offer for radiography so I only have a list of those hospitals which will be different to the nursing ones so I don't know where you can be placed :s
As above, nursing is only taught at Kingston. Placements are divided into North, South. East and West Zones. Depending on where you live you will be allocated the closest zone. Different branches have different rules ie for LD and MH you will be expected to travel within all four zones. Adult and child tend to stay within the allocated zone but there is some movement within that to ensure that you get a good spread of different placements. Main hospitals for placements are St Georges, Kingston, Epsom and St. Helier, sometimes the Marsden and also some private hospitals. You also have to do community placements.
You will need to apply to Kingston for nursing not St. Georges. The two universities are combined and you will be a student of both uni's.
Hi, just wanted to add that I think you've been given some good advice and great explantions from the previous posters! Let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to help with.

Millie, official student rep of St George's University of London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending