The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE Biology Alternative to Practical

Scroll to see replies

I said it was wider/ had a wider lumen is that fine
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
hollower implies there is nothing was inside it, I wouldn't use hollower as an adjective, I don't think you'd get the mark

Yea, but BOD? (benefit of the doubt)
Like is there any chance I would get the mark
Original post by examhater44
Yea, but BOD? (benefit of the doubt)
Like is there any chance I would get the mark

I believe it was looking for visible features.

You couldn't really tell it was more hollow based on the image. :frown:
Original post by juannypacquiao
I believe it was looking for visible features.

You couldn't really tell it was more hollow based on the image. :frown:

So true, I honestly doubt for BOD
table.png

What did people's tables look like. I kinda went blank with drawing a fricking table :frown:
Reply 125
Guys,

For the difference between the xylem and phloem vessels, I wrote the xylem is hollower.......

Thats right yea?

What question was this
Also guys,

I drew the whole table in pencil including the writing.....
Thats fine right??
Original post by DJShaji
table.png

What did people's tables look like. I kinda went blank with drawing a fricking table :frown:

Pretty much what my table looked like :smile: think that's what they were looking for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wannabeboarder
Pretty much what my table looked like :smile: think that's what they were looking for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What mine look looked like except the number of bubbles produced in 3 minute above, I might lose a mark, I don't know.
For the vascular bundle diagram question, I know (from previous mark schemes) that you get a mark if it is over half the space provided, one mark if it is not shaded, and one mark if there is a clear, unbroken outline. After this, you get 2 marks for the correct labels and diagram combined. Don't worry if you messed up this question, the exam board gives marks away for fun on this paper but at the same time, reject answers that could be plausible, as the examiners may not have thought of your ideas.
Guys, Iim freaking out

I drew my whole table (including the writing in the table) in pencil............

That's ok righttt??? Because it says that diagrams can be drawn in pencil
Guys for the table I didn't make the mean for every potato a b and c I just made a mean for all the potatoes together, is that wrong? Also, for the difference between xylem and phloem I wrote that the phloem cells were tighter together where as the xylem was more compact and had more spaces between them. Can someone tell me if its right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys, Iim freaking out

I drew my whole table (including the writing in the table) in pencil............

That's ok righttt??? Because it says that diagrams can be drawn in pencil

Guys someone pls resond
Original post by saintsfan1108
you should be ok. I think i did that as well! Keep forgetting to put down my pencil and pick up my pen haha! They can hardly knock off marks for writing in pencil. If they did, it would be maximum 1 mark lost, as its not as if you are showing lack of knowledge!

Yea, I searched and they said if a candidate writes in pencil, no marks will be taken off.....I am just worried pencil wont show up when scanned

Guys, pencil shows up right, cuz they ask us to draw diagrams and graphs in pencil?
Yea, I searched and they said if a candidate writes in pencil, no marks will be taken off.....I am just worried pencil wont show up when scanned

Guys, pencil shows up right, cuz they ask us to draw diagrams and graphs in pencil?

Yes, pencil shows up. Blue ink doesn't.
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
Yes, pencil shows up. Blue ink doesn't.

Ok thx!
Guys,
what did u put for the question that said why the delivery tube is put in water?
and
what did u guys get for your magnification?
Guys,
what did u put for the question that said why the delivery tube is put in water?
and
what did u guys get for your magnification?

I put so the oxygen/water isn't wasted. For magnification, it should be bigger than the diagram given as it said to make a large drawing. I can't remember what I put as my answer.
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
I put so the oxygen/water isn't wasted. For magnification, it should be bigger than the diagram given as it said to make a large drawing. I can't remember what I put as my answer.

For why it was put in water, I think it was to make sure the delivery tube wasnt contaminated.......

For the magnification any answer is fine as longer as its bigger than 1 right?
I put x1.59.....Thats a valid answer yea?
Can someone tell me if my answer for the difference between xylem and phloem is right? I wrote that xylem had more air spaces between them and were less tight as the phloem where as phloem was very tight and compact

Quick Reply

Latest