The Student Room Group

AQA Environmental Studies AS Level Revision Notes Here

Hi everyone,

Here I've attached the revision notes I made for AQA AS Level Environmental Studies. They cover Unit 1 (The Living Environment) and Unit 2 (The Physical Environment). I believe they are mostly complete, although I did run out of time during unit 2 so I haven't got any notes on biogeochemical cycles and soils I'm afraid!

Despite that, I hope that you guys find them helpful! Like with my Geology notes which I posted earlier this week, I apologise in advance for any spelling/grammar errors which I may have missed! :h:

Scroll to see replies

Hero , thanks a lot bud they're dead usefull
You haven't got any for Units 3 and 4 have you by any chance?
Original post by Nathan020698
You haven't got any for Units 3 and 4 have you by any chance?

I haven't unfortunately, I dropped Environmental Studies for A2 because I didn't enjoy it and found the exam questions too ambiguous. I'm glad you've found the AS notes helpful though! :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I haven't unfortunately, I dropped Environmental Studies for A2 because I didn't enjoy it and found the exam questions too ambiguous. I'm glad you've found the AS notes helpful though! :smile:

Haha you're lucky you dropped it, Units 3 and 4 look pure BS. I'm self teaching it to myself and am doing Units 1,2,3 and 4 in a few weeks time. Not by choice, I needed it to get into uni! Thanks though yeah they were really helpful.
These look really useful, thanks! I have my first exam in 2 days and I'm terrified bc I have no idea how to revise this subject, especially Unit 1 where most of it is applied, but I'm going to go through these, cheers!!
Original post by josaltzman
These look really useful, thanks! I have my first exam in 2 days and I'm terrified bc I have no idea how to revise this subject, especially Unit 1 where most of it is applied, but I'm going to go through these, cheers!!

Heya! I really hope you find them useful, I went through the textbook making these notes for myself because my class notes were useless (had a terrible teacher who hardly taught us anything!). Best of luck for the exam! :smile:
Wow, I didn't think these notes would get so many views!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Hi everyone,

Here I've attached the revision notes I made for AQA AS Level Environmental Studies. They cover Unit 1 (The Living Environment) and Unit 2 (The Physical Environment). I believe they are mostly complete, although I did run out of time during unit 2 so I haven't got any notes on biogeochemical cycles and soils I'm afraid!

Despite that, I hope that you guys find them helpful! Like with my Geology notes which I posted earlier this week, I apologise in advance for any spelling/grammar errors which I may have missed! :h:

Thank you so much for posting these! The unit 1 notes were so useful, I'm now going to use the unit 2 notes for next week:smile:
How did you find yesterdays exam?
I remember looking at an something you wrote in the notes and it had the example of the blue butterfly living in the ants nest because of their interspecies relationship, I used this example for the question about 'what else is provided by interspecies relationships' and then question 4 was all about the butterfly and ants😂 I crossed it out then because I knew theyd think i copied the example from the paper🙈
Original post by alexs98
Thank you so much for posting these! The unit 1 notes were so useful, I'm now going to use the unit 2 notes for next week:smile:
How did you find yesterdays exam?
I remember looking at an something you wrote in the notes and it had the example of the blue butterfly living in the ants nest because of their interspecies relationship, I used this example for the question about 'what else is provided by interspecies relationships' and then question 4 was all about the butterfly and ants😂 I crossed it out then because I knew theyd think i copied the example from the paper🙈

Hi Alex! You're welcome, I'm glad you found them helpful! :biggrin:

I didn't do the exam yesterday, I've already finished my A Levels but I thought I'd put up my notes in case anyone wanted them! I took the Unit 1 and 2 exams back in 2014 I think, and then I dropped Environmental Studies for A2 :smile:
Reply 10
Hi Alex! You're welcome, I'm glad you found them helpful! :biggrin:

I didn't do the exam yesterday, I've already finished my A Levels but I thought I'd put up my notes in case anyone wanted them! I took the Unit 1 and 2 exams back in 2014 I think, and then I dropped Environmental Studies for A2 :smile:

Oh fair enough haha, thank you anyway😁 I'm teaching myself the whole thing in one year so this was really useful!
What grade did you get?
Original post by alexs98
Oh fair enough haha, thank you anyway😁 I'm teaching myself the whole thing in one year so this was really useful!
What grade did you get?

Ahh good luck!

I got a B overall, only 2-3 marks off an A I think! So gutting! I truly thought I'd get nothing higher than a D though, because I never got higher than a D in past papers. Just goes to show that even if you think you've done badly, you might have much done better than you think!
Reply 12
Ahh good luck!

I got a B overall, only 2-3 marks off an A I think! So gutting! I truly thought I'd get nothing higher than a D though, because I never got higher than a D in past papers. Just goes to show that even if you think you've done badly, you might have much done better than you think!

That's really good! I'd be so happy to get a B, it must have been quite gutting to be that close to an A though😕 which other subjects did you do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexs98
That's eally good! I'd be so happy to get a B, it must have been quite gutting to be that close to an A though😕 which other subjects did you do?

I did Geology, Geography and ICT as well :smile:
Original post by alexs98
What grade did you get?

I'm doing the same! Complete ballache isn't it😂😂
Reply 15
I did Geology, Geography and ICT as well :smile:

Oh it must have gone quite well with geography and geology!
Original post by alexs98
Oh it must have gone quite well with geography and geology!

It did overlap in some areas, but I still found ES to be the hardest - I thought it was terribly ambiguous a lot of the time, and the mark schemes didn't seem to match up with the questions!
Reply 17
Original post by Nathan020698
I'm doing the same! Complete ballache isn't it😂😂

No way! There's 3 of us on here doing that then🙈 It is, I agree😂 Why did you decide to do the whole thing by yourself?
Reply 18
It did overlap in some areas, but I still found ES to be the hardest - I thought it was terribly ambiguous a lot of the time, and the mark schemes didn't seem to match up with the questions!

Yeah I found that too, lots of the questions didnt really match the mark scheme:/ I'm doing A level Biology so quite a bit of that overlaps (which helps a lot) but yeah I deffo see what you mean
Original post by alexs98
Yeah I found that too, lots of the questions didnt really match the mark scheme:/ I'm doing A level Biology so quite a bit of that overlaps (which helps a lot) but yeah I deffo see what you mean

I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that haha! I think a lot of people in my class struggled with it though, so I think it's quite a tough subject in general. Also, the same question never seems to come up twice, so past papers don't really help that much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending