The Student Room Group

Decided to live at home

Hi there,

I've submitted my Student finance application (yet to send in evidence so it hasn't been processed yet) with the plan that I would be living in student accommodation so I had selected the "Living away from home (outside of London)" option.
I've recently changed my mind and decided I'll be living at home during my time at university but I don't know how to change this on my student finance application since my maintenance loan amount will be affected. Could someone tell me how I can change this information?

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Armastan
Hi there,

I've submitted my Student finance application (yet to send in evidence so it hasn't been processed yet) with the plan that I would be living in student accommodation so I had selected the "Living away from home (outside of London)" option.
I've recently changed my mind and decided I'll be living at home during my time at university but I don't know how to change this on my student finance application since my maintenance loan amount will be affected. Could someone tell me how I can change this information?

Wait until you're 100% sure of your university place in August post results then contact SFE by phone to make the changes. A lot of people change their course or living arrangements in August and it's a standard change :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Wait until you're 100% sure of your university place in August post results then contact SFE by phone to make the changes. A lot of people change their course or living arrangements in August and it's a standard change :smile:

I got an unconditional offer and accepted it so I'm definitely going to that university, should I phone SFE now in this case? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending