The Student Room Group

teenage girl found dead in dormitory

Scroll to see replies

bump
Reply 2
I wonder why the daily mail felt the need to report on this specific case.
we do not need to intrude on this private tragedy :sad:
Why are the school fees relevant?
Reply 5
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I wonder why the daily mail felt the need to report on this specific case.

Missing white woman syndrome
Original post by Student403

That is exactly what I was thinking, the tone of the article seems to say "Oh she was in a privileged position, that does not warrant suicide". :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
That is exactly what I was thinking, the tone of the article seems to say "Oh she was in a privileged position that does not warrant suicide". :s-smilie:

**** the Daily Mail
**** the Daily Mail

Indeed!
Terrible of daily mail to sensationalize a private matter.

DM loves putting in prices of people's houses as well, it's so annoying
Why are her tuition fees mentioned? Are we supposed to be less sympathetic because she is rich?
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Why are her tuition fees mentioned? Are we supposed to be less sympathetic because she is rich?

It ads some filler text otherwise it would be a very bland, boring piece.
That is exactly what I was thinking, the tone of the article seems to say "Oh she was in a privileged position, that does not warrant suicide". :s-smilie:

I got the impression it was their way of saying, "Rich kids can't kill themselves because they have everything in life and so are immune to depression or insecurities"
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I got the impression it was their way of saying, "Rich kids can't kill themselves because they have everything in life and so are immune to depression or insecurities"

I think that's what TOMH was getting at. Which is really sad

:angry:

Yes, that is what I said.

:angry:

Yes, that is what I said.

Rich kids are sometimes a million times more insecure than ordinary kids from working class families. It's sad the DM have made a thing out of something so sad.
Rich kids are sometimes a million times more insecure than ordinary kids from working class families. It's sad the DM have made a thing out of something so sad.

I think everyone can become vulnerable no matter what their status is. It's sad that they posted an article on it though, it is a private matter. Also there wasn't really anything shared apart from the girls suicide and her tuition fees.

Very sad.

I think everyone can become vulnerable no matter what their status is. It's sad that they posted an article on it though, it is a private matter. Also there wasn't really anything shared apart from the girls suicide and her tuition fees.

Very sad.

Exactly! In private schools expectations can be a lot higher and she might have succumbed to the pressure at such a vital point in A-Levels. "The family were too upset to comment last night." NO SH** they just lost their daughter and people are publicizing it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending