The Student Room Group

Continuation of Law into A-Level from AS...

Hiya all, I am a first year law student studying AS level and have hit a bit of a crossroads... I am unsure of whether or not I should continue doing law through to get the full A-Level or drop it at the end of this year? I am not 100% coping with the work load nor do I fully understand it all. However, my law teacher is confident that I can keep going and end up with a B - personally I disagree. So I was just wondering if there are any A-Level students in the same boat as me OR who can give me advice about continuing it to get the full A-Level or not...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheJMDyer
Hiya all, I am a first year law student studying AS level and have hit a bit of a crossroads... I am unsure of whether or not I should continue doing law through to get the full A-Level or drop it at the end of this year? I am not 100% coping with the work load nor do I fully understand it all. However, my law teacher is confident that I can keep going and end up with a B - personally I disagree. So I was just wondering if there are any A-Level students in the same boat as me OR who can give me advice about continuing it to get the full A-Level or not...

I do A2 law. It is considerably harder than it was at AS level. If you're struggling at AS, then perhaps you should not continue it.
However, it depends on whether you'd like the A2 topics more... Research into the A2 topics. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I do A2 law. It is considerably harder than it was at AS level. If you're struggling at AS, then perhaps you should not continue it.
However, it depends on whether you'd like the A2 topics more... Research into the A2 topics. :h:

Thank you!:smile:
Thank you!:smile:

No problem! Any questions, ask me. I'm on the WJEC specification but law is quite similar across boards. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
No problem! Any questions, ask me. I'm on the WJEC specification but law is quite similar across boards. :biggrin:

Brilliant, thank you! I am on the AQA specification.

Moved this into the Law forum for you :h:

If you dont like it and have something else you prefer then dont do it.

The A2 looks ok though. Ask your teacher which option you would be taking Criminal or Contract. Criminal or Tort. Criminal is the one most people enjoy.

If you arent coping now, then do something else. Grades matter. Doing something you enjoy matters.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
If you dont like it and have something else you prefer then dont do it.

The A2 looks ok though. Ask your teacher which option you would be taking Criminal or Contract. Criminal or Tort. Criminal is the one most people enjoy.

If you arent coping now, then do something else. Grades matter. Doing something you enjoy matters.

Hiya, yeah we take the Criminal route. I'll have a chat with her and see what she thinks also. Thank you! :smile:
Hiya, yeah we take the Criminal route. I'll have a chat with her and see what she thinks also. Thank you! :smile:

Not sure you got my meaning. Just ask the teacher what route she will take.
Asj her why she think you will get a B as you have your doubts.

Work out what your other A levels might be.

Quick Reply

Latest