The Student Room Group

Ex stuck in my head

I cant get my ex out of my head... I know its only recent as we have only been spilt a month but I cant stop thinking about him. Memories and old plans keep popping into my head and make me freak out to the point of mini panic attacks and feeling sick. I still love him, I am dying to contact him/ see him but I know that would be a stupid idea. I keep wondering how he is feeling too...
I hate this, the pain in my chest is unbearable and never goes away. am I crazy?
can anyone help?
Stop Being a baby and Man up,TSR is for studying not for your relationship B** S** ,What are you like 5 yrs old ?
Original post by nicole.t95
I cant get my ex out of my head... I know its only recent as we have only been spilt a month but I cant stop thinking about him. Memories and old plans keep popping into my head and make me freak out to the point of mini panic attacks and feeling sick. I still love him, I am dying to contact him/ see him but I know that would be a stupid idea. I keep wondering how he is feeling too...
I hate this, the pain in my chest is unbearable and never goes away. am I crazy?
can anyone help?

Have you spoken to anyone about this? Sometimes just sharing your feeling with someone you trust can realy help.
Also, have you allowed yourself to be down about it? That can be an essential part of the recovery process.
Always think back to the reason you broke up, because things just weren't quite right for the both of you. Yes, it'll make you sad, but you have to accept what happened was for the best.
Reply 3
Original post by carrotstar
Have you spoken to anyone about this? Sometimes just sharing your feeling with someone you trust can realy help.
Also, have you allowed yourself to be down about it? That can be an essential part of the recovery process.
Always think back to the reason you broke up, because things just weren't quite right for the both of you. Yes, it'll make you sad, but you have to accept what happened was for the best.

Thanks tho the reason we broke up makes it harder as there was nothing wrong with our relationship, it was great! amazing! we went out for 3 years! but unfortunately he has been called to the priesthood so it wasn't something he could ignore, no matter how hard he tried...
I find it hard to see that its for the best as we were the best together...
Thanks tho the reason we broke up makes it harder as there was nothing wrong with our relationship, it was great! amazing! we went out for 3 years! but unfortunately he has been called to the priesthood so it wasn't something he could ignore, no matter how hard he tried...
I find it hard to see that its for the best as we were the best together...

Wow, what a situation! Personally, I'm not religious, but religion does fascinate me. I suppose you could say that the reason was that his love for God was greater than his love for you, which may or may not concern you depending on your own religious standing.
If your Ex is still in your head why dont you just change your head ,then the Ex wont be stuck anymore.I thought people go to school on this website HAHAAH
Reply 6
Wow, what a situation! Personally, I'm not religious, but religion does fascinate me. I suppose you could say that the reason was that his love for God was greater than his love for you, which may or may not concern you depending on your own religious standing.

Not great, now you can see how its difficult! As I cant hate him, I hate what has happened but not him as he is a good person. He has always wanted to help with the church and I know I have to respect that... but it just kills me.
I literally have to fight with my mind 24/7 to stop from calling him
he was my best friend also so I feel sooo alone :frown:
Dont feel alone im ur friend :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by F Edexcel
If your Ex is still in your head why dont you just change your head ,then the Ex wont be stuck anymore.I thought people go to school on this website HAHAAH

id love to change my head if I could....
Go for a walk or exercise to clear your head,The more idle you sit the more thoughts can manifest ,Eventually once you keep yourself occupied you can only hope for the best to come :biggrin:
Stop Being a baby and Man up,TSR is for studying not for your relationship B** S** ,What are you like 5 yrs old ?

That would be why she is posting in the relationship part of the forums.
Not great, now you can see how its difficult! As I cant hate him, I hate what has happened but not him as he is a good person. He has always wanted to help with the church and I know I have to respect that... but it just kills me.
I literally have to fight with my mind 24/7 to stop from calling him
he was my best friend also so I feel sooo alone :frown:

My housemate at university keeps getting into relationships which are more of a 'friends with benefits' situation. She's very happy and lively whilst she's in them, but she neglects her friends at the same time. The mistake she makes is allowing feelings to develop every time when she knows that the guy doesn't want a proper, committed relationship. So when they sleep around, she feels cheated on even though they weren't committed to one another. And the "break up" that isn't really a break up hits her hard. Then she comes to 'friends' who she hasn't spoken to in a few months expecting comfort, and those friendships are slowly diminishing because of the lack of contact.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how comfortable you are in a relationship, you need to continue to make the effort with friends as well, so that they are there for you if things fall apart, and you are also there to help them with whatever they need.

Who were you close to before your boyfriend? Have you spoken to them recently? Might it be time to call on them for a little help?
Atleast you have friends Lol ,The world is such a beautiful place with so many people ,only conforming yourself to a specific group want expand yourself as a human
Reply 13
My housemate at university keeps getting into relationships which are more of a 'friends with benefits' situation. She's very happy and lively whilst she's in them, but she neglects her friends at the same time. The mistake she makes is allowing feelings to develop every time when she knows that the guy doesn't want a proper, committed relationship. So when they sleep around, she feels cheated on even though they weren't committed to one another. And the "break up" that isn't really a break up hits her hard. Then she comes to 'friends' who she hasn't spoken to in a few months expecting comfort, and those friendships are slowly diminishing because of the lack of contact.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how comfortable you are in a relationship, you need to continue to make the effort with friends as well, so that they are there for you if things fall apart, and you are also there to help them with whatever they need.

Who were you close to before your boyfriend? Have you spoken to them recently? Might it be time to call on them for a little help?

Don't get me wrong I still have a lot of great friends and I have been talking to them, but we all have busy lives, I feel like im a bit of a burden at the moment and that I cant just pour my heart out like I couldn't have thought twice about doing to him...
I am trying tho, its just a huge adjustment and im not really sure what to do.
Reply 14
Go for a walk or exercise to clear your head,The more idle you sit the more thoughts can manifest ,Eventually once you keep yourself occupied you can only hope for the best to come :biggrin:

I will try... think my mind is too good at multitasking, I need to learn to shut down...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending