The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

British Asians at Warwick 2016/17

Are there many of us here??
:hello: I'll be starting Accounting and Finance in 16/17.

I'm sure there'll be quite a few more of us as I've visited the campus and it does seem quite diverse.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Don't think you need to start a gathering tbh, from what I've seen of the incoming class south asian descent brits will be everywhere at Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey !! I am starting my masters at WBS 2016/2017

And yeah I believe there are many british asians
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
Don't think you need to start a gathering tbh, from what I've seen of the incoming class south asian descent brits will be everywhere at Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not trying to start a "gathering", was just asking because I heard there aren't many especially postgrads.

Original post by mahadakram
Hey !! I am starting my masters at WBS 2016/2017

And yeah I believe there are many british asians

I'm starting my Master too in development :smile:
Original post by Silky91
I'm not trying to start a "gathering", was just asking because I heard there aren't many especially postgrads.

There will be loooooooaaaaads. A lot of them are from London/Birmingham/Leicester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
There's a lot, trust me.

Original post by Princepieman
There will be loooooooaaaaads. A lot of them are from London/Birmingham/Leicester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you asian too?
Original post by TheBBQ

Are you asian too?

Nah (mixed/black) but in the Warwick group I set up (has c.600 people) a fairly large %age are Asian and from friends there already, they've said the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

I'm South Asian and at Warwick. The number of south asian people here isn't small, many are from the UK but also from abroad. We have things like "asian society" who have talks / panels on issues south asians face but also nights out if you're interested in that. There's also religious societies such as hindusoc and isoc where there are many south asians too as well as in places such as the anti racism society. Basically, there are many. During your first week, there will be a freshers fair where you can go and sign up to many societies that will be present in the massive sports hall. Asian soc are usually there and they'll let you know more about the south asian community in campus. In my first year, my flat had 8 people including me and two of us were south asian. People from the flat next to us and below us had a few south asians, but this isn't uncommon. In essence, the scene is large. :smile:
Original post by VtecKickedInYo
:hello: I'll be starting Accounting and Finance in 16/17.

I'm sure there'll be quite a few more of us as I've visited the campus and it does seem quite diverse.

Oy Balle!

yh a Punjabi here who will be doing accounting and finance as well lol
Reply 10
I'm Punjabi Indian and hopefully will be doing PAIS and French :smile:
Reply 11
Just seen this thread and thought I would drop a line...

I'm a third year engineer at Warwick and an active member of the Bhangra Society Exec... This year we are as active and present on campus and look forward to welcoming all new faces!! Come say hi at our stall during the societies fair during freshers.

Pop down to our freshers events to meet other british asians and people from all other backgrounds... We will have a meet and greet early in term one :biggrin: and BHANGRA lessons/ workshops!!!

See you soon,
Jeeves

Quick Reply

Latest