The Student Room Group

Birth Certificate copy?

I'm about to send off my evidence which is my birth certificate and the signed and countersigned form that goes with it because I don't own a passport and currently can't afford to get one.

I read that SFE don't accept photocopies of birth certificates and now I'm worried, because at the top of mine it says "certified copy of an entry". Does this mean mine is a copy or is that on every certificate because it's copied from the hospital's original entry?

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Armastan
I'm about to send off my evidence which is my birth certificate and the signed and countersigned form that goes with it because I don't own a passport and currently can't afford to get one.

I read that SFE don't accept photocopies of birth certificates and now I'm worried, because at the top of mine it says "certified copy of an entry". Does this mean mine is a copy or is that on every certificate because it's copied from the hospital's original entry?

Thanks.

Thats not a photocopy, it just means it's not the very first one you had but one bought from the registry office which sfe should accept without any problems :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending