The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'll take lower grade boundaries for a hard exam to be honest, since that gives more room for errors. I personally didn't find the 2015 mock that hard, just contextualised a lot. You had to pick apart the questions. Perhaps for more differentiation.
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
5 But I personally think they'll tone it a notch down, in terms of q's like hannah, to avoid the ruckus and the huuuuge amounts of resits tbh.

This is what Graham from Edexcel emailed out after the "Hannah's sweets" question last year:

"You may remember I sent an email before the exams starting with a short paragraph saying that students should "expect to see a few questions which test their understanding of mathematics rather than their memory of past paper questions". Well perhaps Hannah’s sweets was one of those students seemed to think so.

But then again, perhaps not we had pretty much the same question on Higher tier back in Summer 2002 (question 20 on paper 6) as Heather's beads - I think it passed off without incident that year. "

The Heather's beads question was actually harder than Hannah's sweets, but there was no social media to help get students worked up about the question.
Original post by homeland.lsw
Oh...
I'm sorry if I offended any Rakshas

Loool. I'm sure you didn't. Lool these exam boards make up some strange names tho..:lol:
Loool. I'm sure you didn't. Lool these exam boards make up some strange names tho..:lol:

Maybe one day, I'll be buying tiles to build my greenhouse floor :moon:
Maybe one day, I'll be buying tiles to build my greenhouse floor :moon:

Or cut your cheese into a another rectangle with the same volume init:closedeyes:
Or cut your cheese into a another rectangle with the same volume init:closedeyes:

Technically, she made another block of cheese with the same volume just different dimensions. Just saying...
Technically, she made another block of cheese with the same volume just different dimensions. Just saying...

MMMKAY LOWKEY JANE:nothing::lol:
I'm closing this as it is just going to make some candidates anxious. The standard of this exam is not going to change this year. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

Latest

Trending

Trending