The Student Room Group

Help - set text needed urgently pls!

Hi everyone
If any of you happen to have a CLEAN copy (no notes) of 'Mean Time - Carol Ann Duffy' (it's a really thin cream-covered book with a bird and a clock on the front) and wouldn't mind giving it to me for my exam I would be really grateful!

My teacher thinks my copy has been picked up by someone else, but my exam is in a few weeks and the only place I can buy this book is online, it may not arrive on time as the website has been very slow delivering lately.
Please please please please please please I would be so grateful!

I can return it to you if you want it back after the exam, and will pay your postage.

Thanks
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mean-Time-Carol-Ann-Duffy/dp/0330516779

Hit one day delivery if you really need it, but would this work?
Thanks, might try it later, it's just really annoying that I'd already bought one for £10 and will have to do the same to use it ONCE and then bin it!! Worth a shot seeing if anyone has one I suppose

Original post by ironingplaylist
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mean-Time-Carol-Ann-Duffy/dp/0330516779

Hit one day delivery if you really need it, but would this work?
Original post by javvyjingle
Thanks, might try it later, it's just really annoying that I'd already bought one for £10 and will have to do the same to use it ONCE and then bin it!! Worth a shot seeing if anyone has one I suppose

What I would suggest, if it is that pricey is get your parents to speak to either Head of Department of English or Head of your Sixth Form/College and ask them to pay for it if your teacher is 100% someone has (initially) stolen your book. Cause, if you were requested by your teacher(s) that every student needs to buy their own copy, and if you haven't misplaced it or lost it, then someone surely has robbed your book. This might mean you can get the school or college to pay for the book.

It's worth a shot.

I personally wouldn't spend more than £8 on a book cause I know once I've finished it, I won't read it again unless it's amazing. £10 is quite a lot and I doubt if you get it preowned on Amazon a next day delivery will be possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending