The Student Room Group

Race for the White House: TSR poll

Scroll to see replies

Clinton most likely.

But as we have seen from the Republican Primaries Donald Trump is not to be discounted. If he can subdue his rhetoric, appoint knowledgeable people to his campaign and grab a good VP candidate I think he could just about win it. Him and Hillary have similar levels of baggage, but seeing as Trump has never held public office I don't think the electorate will hold him to more account. He'll win the Conservative vote, which far outweighs the liberal one, and he polls well with independents. All that is needed is for lower turnout amongst liberals, a strong performance in Florida, Ohio and possibly Pennsylvania or another swing state and he has a shot.

edit: And I was right
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pro Crastination
Clinton 100%, there hasn't been a more clear cut US election for quite some time. Polling of a heads up between her and Trump show US voters would overwhelmingly back her. Trump all but has the Republican nomination now that Cruz is gone, and Bernie is effectively out of the contest (given the current polling in the remaining states he needs to win). Oh and as much as many disaffectioned left wing young people on the internet claim they are no way voting Clinton, polling shows that a majority of Sanders supporters are happy to vote for whichever Democratic candidate wins - which is probably more than can be said for supporters of the likes of Kasich (or perhaps even Cruz).

Given that Sanders has a 16% lead on Trump, whilst Clinton only has 10%, the likelihood is that if Clinton goes against Trump it will be close, but if Sanders does he'll destroy him
Remember, Clinton has almost 25 years of Republicans hating her as background. Sanders has been a bit player nationally, and Clinton (intentionally) hasn't really done much to hurt him. Give the right wing five months to roast him, he'll look a lot different in the polls.

My biggest fear is a repeat of Reagan/1980. Carter was ahead in the polls almost until the last minute, when voters decided en masse that Reagan might not be quite so insane or stupid as he looked. If Trump works on closing the sale-- and he is the consummate BS artist-- it's hard to know how all this turns out. Now he's not Reagan, for a whole lot of reasons. But you might find people putting them in the same bucket.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
I honestly hope Trump will win, purely because of what a lying, manipulative and downright awful person Clinton is

I.e her description of her bosnia trip

Her amazing switches on gay marriage

NAFTA

The E-mail scandal

meanwhile Trumps a breath of fresh air. Don't dump on Trump
Those of us saying Trump are either having a laugh or are hoping the slim chances actually come out in Trump's favour, those voting Bernie are outright delusional, he has to be nominee first, which isn't exactly going to happen when it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the delegates without some of Clinton's superdelegates switching sides.
Original post by connor581568
Given that Sanders has a 16% lead on Trump, whilst Clinton only has 10%, the likelihood is that if Clinton goes against Trump it will be close, but if Sanders does he'll destroy him

I don't disagree, I'd like to believe that the American people are sensible enough to 'destroy' a candidate like Trump be it with Clinton or Sanders. However, I would say that a 10% lead on head to head polling is still massive.
How many Americans are posting on this thread? Count me as one

I find it amazing how much interest other nations (especially the UK) have in American politics

The BBC is almost my number 1 go to for American news.
I don't disagree, I'd like to believe that the American people are sensible enough to 'destroy' a candidate like Trump be it with Clinton or Sanders. However, I would say that a 10% lead on head to head polling is still massive.

It's a question of whether it is maintained, and Clinton is still a really shitty candidate. Personally I expect something like 5% popular vote lead and >350 college votes for Clinton

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
aVPZ4Py_460s.jpg
Most of you are forgetting one vital thing... You can't stump... The Trump.
shows how little people in britain know if they think bernie will or would have won
Reply 51
Lol. The most young, inexperienced and cucked in one of the most cucked countries have spoken. I don't know how TSR makes any money, appealing to foolish young girls and forever alone young men.
(edited 7 years ago)
I feel like everybody saying that Bernie doesn't stand a chance can't see the people behind him. There are so many people that are behind him and will vote for him. He is the best candidate to vote for and most young people can see this. And Hillary is an alright compromise. Personally, I think that the Trump Train is running out of coal and is now just blowing hot air. Literally.
Clinton. And damn right too.

Trump's a complete nobhead.
Original post by AspergDyspraKid
I feel like everybody saying that Bernie doesn't stand a chance can't see the people behind him. There are so many people that are behind him and will vote for him. He is the best candidate to vote for and most young people can see this. And Hillary is an alright compromise. Personally, I think that the Trump Train is running out of coal and is now just blowing hot air. Literally.

Ummm, there are fewer people behind Bernie than either Clinton or Trump and he cannot even get the nomination, let alone the presidency, now unless superdelegates switch from Clinton, which they won't

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's not perfect :naughty:
Original post by queen-bee
She's not perfect :naughty:

"I was being shot at by snipers and had to run to the car, while the cameras rolled showing me casually walking along, stopping to see some children, before strolling on to the car with no evidence of any weapons, other than those expected regardless, anywhere nearby"
When the alternative is this piece of work, the choice gets easier.

Exactly. I would hope that Sanders makes a miraculous come back, but in the worst case scenario I would like Clinton as president over Drumpf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending