The Student Room Group

Why is it wrong to say it's hard to be a 10 if you're flat chested?

In that ad against trump they say a quote he said as if it was sexist against women. But I don't get how that is at all wrong to say? I don't see how it's sexist either. I am a woman and I think the same thing many of the time about pear shaped women. And how can an opinion be wrong? It's not a fact. It's a person's preference. So how is it wrong to say? Also wouldn't it be the opposite of being against women. Because breasts are a feminine trait associated with women. So wouldn't that actually technically be in favor of women?

I ask this because my fb friend who is a transsexual posted the vid and I made a comment on it. And everyone jumped on me as if I was wrong for pointing out that wasn't sexist.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nickierose21
In that ad against trump they say a quote he said as if it was sexist against women. But I don't get how that is at all wrong to say? I don't see how it's sexist either. I am a woman and I think the same thing many of the time about pear shaped women. And how can an opinion be wrong? It's not a fact. It's a person's preference. So how is it wrong to say? Also wouldn't it be the opposite of being against women. Because breasts are a feminine trait associated with women. So wouldn't that actually technically be in favor of women?

I ask this because my fb friend who is a transsexual posted the vid and I made a comment on it. And everyone jumped on me as if I was wrong for pointing out that wasn't sexist.

I would say its sexist purely because it's objectifying women and saying they can only be perfect if they have big tits. Which is just not true. It also objectifies women in the sense it doesn't take into account non physical attributes like personality and intelligence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's not sexist. It might be wrong to say depending on the context (how did this even come up as something he was talking about?)
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
I would say its sexist purely because it's objectifying women and saying they can only be perfect if they have big tits. Which is just not true. It also objectifies women in the sense it doesn't take into account non physical attributes like personality and intelligence

Posted from TSR Mobile

so recognizing someone's level of attractiveness whether male or female is sexist?

Then aren't we all if we admit it or not...
Reply 4
It's wrong as soon as you start scoring, regardless of measurement.
Original post by difeo
It's not sexist. It might be wrong to say depending on the context (how did this even come up as something he was talking about?)

I have no clue. The name all the quotes he's made about women they took them all out of context.

Post the advert please
Original post by ODES_PDES
Post the advert please

I posted it already
It's not a saying I like at all in the slightest but I'm not certain sexist is the word I'd use for it. I guess it depends on your view of the whole objectification thing.

also wth is he chattin like 99.99% of boobs are good boobs regardless of size.

Reading your post I'd imagine that people jumped on you on social media easily because you didn't argue the "not sexist point" very well.
Original post by Reue
It's wrong as soon as you start scoring, regardless of measurement.

agreed

my proposed scale:

-hideous
-ugly
-average
-good looking
-godess
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It's not a saying I like at all in the slightest but I'm not certain sexist is the word I'd use for it. I guess it depends on your view of the whole objectification thing.

also wth is he chattin like 99.99% of boobs are good boobs regardless of size.

Reading your post I'd imagine that people jumped on you on social media easily because you didn't argue the "not sexist point" very well.

I just find it funny he'd say that when his own wife is fake. Her boobs look like tranny boobs. lol.

And his daughter is said to be fake too. I mean originally they were both flat chested... lol. So it's like how can you talk? But I don't see it as sexist. I see it as hypocritical more so than anything. But it's his personal life opinion and preference.
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
It also objectifies women in the sense it doesn't take into account non physical attributes like personality and intelligence

the [?]/10 scale never does take personality into account but my experience with straighmens that use it is that for most of them it is never the only thing they take into consideration when thinking about a relationship, a point more or less ignored by people claiming it's treating women solely as objects or whatever the heck.

Although I suppose it's hard to pick that point up when it's not a system you've ever bothered to adopt yourself at any point in your life.

Your **** buddy?! I think I'm about to throw up from reading that lol!
If someone thinks you are beautiful because of the size of your boobs then they aren't right, beauty is not just about appearance but what's inside and personality.
Well since people generally can't choose what size they have, it's just not a very fair thing to say imo. It's like if hand size suddenly became a huge deal and the biggest hands were the sexiest - you can't pick how big your hands will grow! Anyway, pointing out that someone is flat chested won't get you anywhere because they've probably realised by now, and they can't do anything about it, it just makes you seem like an unkind person.
Also I notice this isn't the first thing you've posted about body shapes today... Don't worry about your body shape, there are so many more important things in life :smile:
Original post by Laomedeia
Your **** buddy?! I think I'm about to throw up from reading that lol!

facebook what's wrong with you?
facebook what's wrong with you?

Oh lol! Its just that FB normally stands for the other thing.
Original post by Kugelmugel
Well since people generally can't choose what size they have, it's just not a very fair thing to say imo. It's like if hand size suddenly became a huge deal and the biggest hands were the sexiest - you can't pick how big your hands will grow! Anyway, pointing out that someone is flat chested won't get you anywhere because they've probably realised by now, and they can't do anything about it, it just makes you seem like an unkind person.

honestly I don't like big hands. I like hands like my own. Slim and long. I really adored this one guy's hands who had identical stuff to me height weight hand shape size etc.... I'm a bit a narcissistic when it comes to my type of guy. I like my male twin.

Quick Reply

Latest