This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Pathway
i need someone to tlak to

How are you doing today? Feel free to PM

Still haven't worked up the energy to attend my session yet, I don't see the point - my own partner doesn't understand how someone can feel so bad, I feel unjustified going and as though I bring a lot of my negativity on myself.
On the plus side, I think last night was the first night in months that I didn't (as far as I can remember) have a nightmare about going to work today. I still feel the dread now I am awake but I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't dream of work. Even though it was a weird dream, it was a little relaxing to have some respite. Even for a couple of hours.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I know that she's there to help and everything, but I just don't really want to go back and be like, actually, I wasn't telling you the whole truth... I do have support from a few friends (I know it's not counselling but at least it's someone I can turn to), and I've just signed up to MoodGYM to see if that's any help, so, I think I can get on for the moment without going back to the counsellor.

I'm not really sure. I just have a bit of an odd feeling about it, like I know I probably should go back, but I just don't want to, and I don't really have any specific reasons why. I felt the same when the subject of getting help first came up, it took me months and months to finally go and speak to someone. I guess at the moment it's partly the fact that I'm only at school for another few weeks before I go on study leave and then leave for good (my meetings with the counsellor took place at school) and if it takes a few weeks to get another counselling slot, there doesn't seem much point doing one or two sessions and then not being able to do any more. But that's definitely not the only reason for me not wanting to go... I'm not sure.

Thank you for your help by the way :smile: and thanks to the others who have replied to my posts!

I understand what you mean. If you have support from others and don't feel like you definitely need to go back, then that is okay!

That is fair enough too, it makes sense that you don't really feel like going considering it is a school counsellor and you are leaving soon. I'm guessing you are in A2? There shouldn't be any pressure on you to go back. My whole point was that it is better to have some support rather than suffer alone, but you seem to be doing okay, for the time being, and you have some friends that support you too :hugs:

No problem!
Having one of those shitty days.

I can't seem to do anything right.

:hide:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Having one of those shitty days.

I can't seem to do anything right.

:hide:

:hugs:

--------
Feel so anxious :redface:
it is like the wave one this time when it comes in waves
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36053058

Interesting approach to treating paranoia - may be of interest to those diagnosed with psychosis or who experience paranoia.
Got my first exam on Monday and I feel so bad. Did a mock paper yesterday and I got 15%. When there's a long question I just freak out and can never be arsed reading it.

Half of me is like just power through and do your best but the other half says give up because you'll do rubbish either way :dontknow:
Might go to a group therapy/support session today :redface: not really sure if I should considering that things have been decent recently and I have exams very soon! Will be my first group session if I do end up going though!
I was told last year when I quit uni due to my health, I wouldn't get funding again and just accepted that I'd have to go down a different road than uni but I got an email today saying they've reviewed my case and om entitled to funding and I can start again from second year this October or next October! :eek:

Over the moon, I really thought I had blew it! I'm glad there's no rush either. I can take my time and get my health back on track and my degree will still be waiting on me :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by moment of truth
I understand what you mean. If you have support from others and don't feel like you definitely need to go back, then that is okay!

That is fair enough too, it makes sense that you don't really feel like going considering it is a school counsellor and you are leaving soon. I'm guessing you are in A2? There shouldn't be any pressure on you to go back. My whole point was that it is better to have some support rather than suffer alone, but you seem to be doing okay, for the time being, and you have some friends that support you too :hugs:

No problem!

Yeah, hopefully I've got enough to keep me going for now. I've had a pretty good week since my bad evening on Sunday so, fingers crossed!

Yeah I'm doing A2. I understand :smile:
Original post by Pathway
REally struggling. :cry2:

What's wrong???
My presentation went pretty well yesterday. I could hear my voice shaking as I was speaking but I didn't make any mistakes and even managed to look up from my index cards occasionally. Very proud of myself, I think this is testament to how far I've come mentally over the past few years - I would never have managed this a few years ago. Fairly sure I got a high enough grade to get an A overall in this class, so w00p! :woo:

Now just got to learn 28 pages of notes for my biology exam tomorrow morning. Argh! :eek3:
Original post by bullettheory
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36053058

Interesting approach to treating paranoia - may be of interest to those diagnosed with psychosis or who experience paranoia.

Oh wow, that's really cool. I love reading about this kind of thing, thanks for the link BT :smile: Hopefully they can expand its use to help more people.
Anybody about? :redface:
Anybody about? :redface:

You okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Just worried about some stuff..
are you ok? :hugs: x
Just worried about some stuff..
are you ok? :hugs: x

:hugs: can PM if you want?
I guess, better than I have been anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
:hugs: can PM if you want?
I guess, better than I have been anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will pm if you don't mind :redface:
glad you feel better Furryface :hugs: x
Will pm if you don't mind :redface:
glad you feel better Furryface :hugs: x

Yeah of course!
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
My presentation went pretty well yesterday. I could hear my voice shaking as I was speaking but I didn't make any mistakes and even managed to look up from my index cards occasionally. Very proud of myself, I think this is testament to how far I've come mentally over the past few years - I would never have managed this a few years ago. Fairly sure I got a high enough grade to get an A overall in this class, so w00p! :woo:

Now just got to learn 28 pages of notes for my biology exam tomorrow morning. Argh! :eek3:

Congrats!!!!
Saw the psychiatrist. He says I do have schizophrenia and it just looks different to those I work with who have it. Still not convinced though :frown:

Latest