The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Biology Specimen Paper and New Spec

If anyone has any thoughts regarding the new specification and specimen papers then feel free to share them! I thought the specimen papers were absolutely horrendous and if the real exams are similar then I'm screwed..:frown:
oh no! i havent looked at them yet, what were the topics on there? usually the spec for wjec is harder than the actual exam, well hopefully anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Kayleigh71
oh no! i havent looked at them yet, what were the topics on there? usually the spec for wjec is harder than the actual exam, well hopefully anyway.

They did a damn good job at covering a large amount of the units in both papers. There's loads of questions about 'improving the validity/reliability' of your research and 'supporting your evidence' that are like 5 marks each! :colonhash: So it's difficult to know what to write and where the marks come from, it's quite frustrating. I got 63% in unit 1, which is a C I believe - nobody in my year got an A!
Original post by AndrewKn0x
They did a damn good job at covering a large amount of the units in both papers. There's loads of questions about 'improving the validity/reliability' of your research and 'supporting your evidence' that are like 5 marks each! :colonhash: So it's difficult to know what to write and where the marks come from, it's quite frustrating. I got 63% in unit 1, which is a C I believe - nobody in my year got an A!

well done on getting the C! ive been working on trying to get above Us which is all ive seemed to be getting and now im just about scraping Cs but i really need a B :'( they always have to throw stupid questions in that are worth quite a lot of marks, its really frustrating!
Reply 4
Original post by Kayleigh71
well done on getting the C! ive been working on trying to get above Us which is all ive seemed to be getting and now im just about scraping Cs but i really need a B :'( they always have to throw stupid questions in that are worth quite a lot of marks, its really frustrating!

I know! The wording of the questions are often ridiculous and I'm stuck not knowing what to write when the answer is really straight forward?! I'm predicted an A so I hope it isn't as hard, anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending