The Student Room Group

UCAS points

Hi I was just wondering how ucas points work with extra curricular graded exams. I know that u get a certain number of pints for the grade u do (6-8) mark u get (pass-distinction) but do u add up what u got in grade 6,7 and 8 or just what u got in grade 8.
If it helps the exams I do r
Piano
Singing
Lamda acting
Lamda verse and prose
Ballet grade6
And ballet inter foundation
Thx
Original post by Sophhhowa
Hi I was just wondering how ucas points work with extra curricular graded exams. I know that u get a certain number of pints for the grade u do (6-8) mark u get (pass-distinction) but do u add up what u got in grade 6,7 and 8 or just what u got in grade 8.
Piano
Singing
Lamda acting
Lamda verse and prose
Ballet grade6
Thx

Although you could be eligible for points for them, most universities wont consider them unless you were applying to dance, drama or music of course. But to answer your question what is your year of entry?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Although you could be eligible for points for them, most universities wont consider them unless you were applying to dance, drama or music of course. But to answer your question what is your year of entry?

I'm currently in yr9 and don't want to study drama or dance at uni. I was more interested in how it works and if u add ur total across grades6-8 or just grade 8
I'm currently in yr9 and don't want to study drama or dance at uni. I was more interested in how it works and if u add ur total across grades6-8 or just grade 8

Then you probably wont be able to claim ucas points for them, i believe now ballet doesnt attract points anymore so it'll just be the highest grade you'd get points for, so i think you'd get it for grade 8 piano and maybe lamda and if you had music theory but that would be it.
Reply 4
Piano
Singing
Lamda acting
Lamda verse and prose
Ballet grade6
Thx

If a qualification has UCAS points it will be for the highest level you have achieved.

Check the tariffs here
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/calculator

But note that many universities don't use UCAS points for offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending