The Student Room Group

stressed and scared when my exams

i feel so panicky and nervous as my exam are coming up in less than 2 weeks.i feel like i'm in a lot of pressure as i don't want to disappoint my teachers ,myself ,parents etc. i feel sick thinking about it.what if i do not get the grades i want (A/A*).I AM REVISING .i did a mock for history and got my results and i got a D. Everytime i think about exams i feel agitated and the worse thing is that i get tired sometimes and i have a rest and after having a rest i feel guilty as i could have been revising.

Scroll to see replies

fam chill you can retake no biggie
Original post by geek567
i feel so panicky and nervous as my exam are coming up in less than 2 weeks.i feel like i'm in a lot of pressure as i don't want to disappoint my teachers ,myself ,parents etc. i feel sick thinking about it.what if i do not get the grades i want (A/A*).I AM REVISING .i did a mock for history and got my results and i got a D. Everytime i think about exams i feel agitated and the worse thing is that i get tired sometimes and i have a rest and after having a rest i feel guilty as i could have been revising.

i know how u feel:frown:
just try your best
Reply 3
Original post by algerianstar23
fam chill you can retake no biggie

No my school says i can not re take any of my exams if i have done really bad
are doing a levels or gcses
Reply 5
are doing a levels or gcses

gcse
Original post by geek567
gcse

you can retake at your nearest college , have lots of friends retaking gcses
Reply 7
you can retake at your nearest college , have lots of friends retaking gcses

i'm 100% sure i can not retake it my school is a highschool and college/sixth-form. That is one of the reason why i''m scared that i'll do bad:frown:
Original post by geek567
i'm 100% sure i can not retake it my school is a highschool and college/sixth-form. That is one of the reason why i''m scared that i'll do bad:frown:

bro calm down if you fail , just go to a college and retake simple , dont worry to much , revise as much as possible , I revised the night before for my history exam and got a B , which i was happy with
Reply 9
bro calm down if you fail , just go to a college and retake simple , dont worry to much , revise as much as possible , I revised the night before for my history exam and got a B , which i was happy with

erm i think i have told you several times i can not re take but thanks for the advise :bigsmile:
Original post by geek567
erm i think i have told you several times i can not re take but thanks for the advise :bigsmile:

Are you retarded??? Retake at another school; at this rate it looks like you will lol
Reply 11
Original post by OddFuturez
Are you retarded??? Retake at another school; at this rate it looks like you will lol

okay i don't think anyone in this forum is getting it. i have NOT done my EXAMS yet and i'm really stressed as i keep thinking to myself i will fail and all i want was some advice on how to not be scared,agitated,stress etc and i know for a Fact that i can not retake. end of.:flybye:
Original post by geek567

One thing I've always been told, "Will it help?.... Will it help if you are stressed?" The answer in very simple terms is no, it won't help, it will only hinder. Use your stress as motivation to revise and do well in your GCSE's. Hope that helps
Reply 13
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
One thing I've always been told, "Will it help?.... Will it help if you are stressed?" The answer in very simple terms is no, it won't help, it will only hinder. Use your stress as motivation to revise and do well in your GCSE's. Hope that helps

thanks but what should you do from stopping yourself to think about exams too much?
Original post by geek567
thanks but what should you do from stopping yourself to think about exams too much?

Personally, I think you shouldn't stop thinking about them too much! They are the most important thing in your life for the next few weeks... So just think in a matter of about 50 days they will all be over.
If you stress you'll perform worse! Stay calm and revise revise revise!!!!
Original post by geek567

A levels or GCSES?

If you're stressed about GCSES, don't be. Piece of cake. You'll ace the real things, teachers just mark harshly in mocks in a bid to get you to work hard and get your grade up even higher
Reply 17
Original post by raspberr1es
A levels or GCSES?

If you're stressed about GCSES, don't be. Piece of cake. You'll ace the real things, teachers just mark harshly in mocks in a bid to get you to work hard and get your grade up even higher

yep my teacher is a reallllly harsh marker once he gave us a sample answer which the examiner gave 10/13 but he said he would have given it 6/7 out of 10.
have you done history modern world as a gcse
Original post by geek567

I know how you feel, don't stress. In just 1 week and a half you can make a whole difference. Best way to revise is to revise for 30 minutes, take a 10 minute break, revise for 30 mins again and take a 20 minute break then start the process again, I feel like it's helped me. And use flash cards or mind maps, they are the best ways to revise for any subject. Dw you can get an A/A*, if you're having trouble with English go to MrBruffs YouTube channel, for Maths you can go to HegartyMaths YouTube channel, for science there's ASAPScience or MyGCSEScience... You can also find YouTube channels for history, it depends on what topic you're revising. Don't feel stressed, you can do it! Just believe in yourself coz that's the most important thing of all, don't keep thinking about failing because you won't fail. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!💯 Goodluck for all your exams, you'll ace them! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Halzy1234
I know how you feel, don't stress. In just 1 week and a half you can make a whole difference. Best way to revise is to revise for 30 minutes, take a 10 minute break, revise for 30 mins again and take a 20 minute break then start the process again, I feel like it's helped me. And use flash cards or mind maps, they are the best ways to revise for any subject. Dw you can get an A/A*, if you're having trouble with English go to MrBruffs YouTube channel, for Maths you can go to HegartyMaths YouTube channel, for science there's ASAPScience or MyGCSEScience... You can also find YouTube channels for history, it depends on what topic you're revising. Don't feel stressed, you can do it! Just believe in yourself coz that's the most important thing of all, don't keep thinking about failing because you won't fail. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!💯 Goodluck for all your exams, you'll ace them! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you soo much u have given me a lot of hope:biggrin::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest