The Student Room Group

information about loan

Good evening to everyone,
I would ask an important thing about student's loan.
How many EU student get it?
I need to know it because I'm worried that even if I don't take it I wouldn't start studying in UK.
Original post by giulio9613
I need to know it because I'm worried that even if I don't take it I wouldn't start studying in UK.

EU students cannot get a student loan from the UK government
Reply 2
Original post by Platopus
EU students cannot get a student loan from the UK government

Sorry I would have said from Student Loan Company
Sorry I would have said from Student Loan Company

The student loan company is a not for profit organisation run by the UK government, it does not give out loans to non UK nationals.

EDIT: Apologies, I googled and I appear to be wrong. You qualify for a loan if:
As an EU national, or a family member of an EU national, you can generally apply for financial help to cover the cost of tuition fees when studying in Northern Ireland, England, or Wales if: you have been living within the EEA and Switzerland for the three years immediately before the start of your courseyour main reason for being in the EEA and Switzerland was not to receive full-time educationIf you or your parent, guardian or partner were temporarily employed outside the EEA and Switzerland for all or part of the three-year period, you may still qualify for help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
The student loan company is a not for profit organisation run by the UK government, it does not give out loans to non UK nationals.

EDIT: Apologies, I googled and I appear to be wrong.

And sorry, what about Tuitition Fees?
And sorry, what about Tuitition Fees?

See my edited response above

You will get a loan for fees if you meet the eligibility criteria.

Are you living in the UK at the moment or the EU? How long have you lived there?
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
You will get a loan for fees if you meet the eligibility criteria.

Are you living in the UK at the moment or the EU? How long have you lived there?

I'm an Italian student and I'm going to move in UK to start a Bsc at KCL
Reply 8

EDIT: Apologies, I googled and I appear to be wrong. You qualify for a loan if:
As an EU national, or a family member of an EU national, you can generally apply for financial help to cover the cost of tuition fees when studying in Northern Ireland, England, or Wales if: you have been living within the EEA and Switzerland for the three years immediately before the start of your courseyour main reason for being in the EEA and Switzerland was not to receive full-time educationIf you or your parent, guardian or partner were temporarily employed outside the EEA and Switzerland for all or part of the three-year period, you may still qualify for help.

thank you very much!!!!
I'm an Italian student and I'm going to move in UK to start a Bsc at KCL

http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/eu/eu_england_guide_1617_d.pdf

Read this leaflet. If you meet the criteria then you can get your fees paid.

As pointed out above #4 it is 3 years ordinarily resident in the EU immediately prior to the start of your course.
Reply 10
Original post by 999tigger
http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/eu/eu_england_guide_1617_d.pdf

Read this leaflet. If you meet the criteria then you can get your fees paid.

As pointed out above #4 it is 3 years ordinarily resident in the EU immediately prior to the start of your course.

thank you very much to everyone guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending