The Student Room Group

Is it weird to want to wait until marriage to have sex?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you :smile:
You're welcome! :smile:
Reply 41
Why would he have a problem? If he's religious then he wouldn't want to marry someone who's had sex.

That's very hypothetical. Chances are that at 25, a religious guy will have to seriously lower his expectations on his wife's "purity" if he wants to get married.
Original post by Josb
That's very hypothetical. Chances are that at 25, a religious guy will have to seriously lower his expectations on his wife's "purity" if he wants to get married.

Why so?? Not all women want sex before marriage
well I'm not interested in 50 shades of grey activities so when such a topic came up of what he liked and and what I liked then I'd mention not wanting anything if that kind.

I don't actually care if he's a Virgin or not, it's a personal choice and helps me to reconnect with my faith. So if he wasn't a virgin he could just tell me his preferences before marriage.

Marriage isn't just a piece of paper to me, it's a coming together of 2 people and 2 families in the presence of God and expressing your love for each other and wishing to remain together always. It's also known that women who are Virgins when married are less likely to cheat/divorce so your notion that being a Virgini could lead to me later cheating is wrong, at least for me perosnally

50 Shades of grey isn't kink, just like a 5 year olds drawing of a space ship isn't scientifically accurate.

I would like to see what study you've read that says celibate marriage partners are less likely to cheat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
Why so?? Not all women want sex before marriage

Yeah, tell yourself that.
Hi so basically just what the title says, I'm a bit worried that I'll be unable to have a serious relationship because a lot of guys don't want to wait so long for sex :/ so is it weird? Should I just give up on it?

Hey, it's not weird at all! I feel the same way mainly for religious reasons, but I don't really want to yet either.
If a guy leaves you just because of that, then clearly he just isn't the one for you. Relationships should be more than just about sex. There are still plenty of guys who understand and respect that. :smile:
Reply 46
It's also known that women who are Virgins when married are less likely to cheat/divorce

Probably because they don't know whether they are treated like ****, as they don't have any previous experience of a relationship to compare with.
Original post by NeverGrowUp
Hey, it's not weird at all! I feel the same way mainly for religious reasons, but I don't really want to yet either.
If a guy leaves you just because of that, then clearly he just isn't the one for you. Relationships should be more than just about sex. There are still plenty of guys who understand and respect that. :smile:

Thanks so much!! Glad to see someone who thinks the same!
Original post by Josb
Yeah, tell yourself that.

You seem kinda bitter... You can't generalise all women like that. Maybe you're just hanging around with girls with different values or something! But I really wouldn't cast all girls in the same light!
Original post by Josb
Probably because they don't know whether they are treated like ****, as they don't have any previous experience of a relationship to compare with.

Well that rather ridiculous, you can have previous relationships to your husband lol!
No it's perfectly fine.
Reply 51
Well that rather ridiculous, you can have previous relationships to your husband lol!

Without sex it's not the same.

How old are you?
Original post by Josb

How old are you?

Hi so basically just what the title says, I'm a bit worried that I'll be unable to have a serious relationship because a lot of guys don't want to wait so long for sex :/ so is it weird? Should I just give up on it?

No. You shouldn't be shamed for what you choose to do with your body, no one should be. Just make sure that any guy you're seeing knows about this and is fine with waiting. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do.

Respect yourself and wait til marriage. Trust you you will regret if you do not. Well that is if you vonsider anything such as morals and values. Unfortunately nowadays less in the west even gives value to.
I am a Catholic & I'd rather wait until marriage, currently with a Catholic bf. But we haven't talked about it & I give him hints not to do it until marriage.... I just hope he can wait for years.
Original post by Josb

How old are you?

That just shows you don't really respect and like the person for who they are but want to jump into sex. If you truly have values and reapect for the person you will wait for them.

Else the person really needs to move on from a person thay thinks like that. I have seen it and it does not last.

Truly shame is fading away in this century....epecially in the west. :frown:
I am a Catholic & I'd rather wait until marriage, currently with a Catholic bf. But we haven't talked about it & I give him hints not to do it until marriage.... I just hope he can wait for years.

Respect. Glad that not only muslims are the ones that have kept their values.
Original post by Josb

That ia actually very stupid. And why are you mad that girls want to stay virgin until marriage?

I know guys want to stop this good value but i wish more girls will choose this way so that guys can't just have fun and leave them. Same with vice versa.

I think it's rare, but there are people who're saving themselves :smile: I never thought I was, but I'm waiting for the one too like yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending