The Student Room Group

5th May Elections Megathread

Scroll to see replies

I actually hope Sadiq doesen't win. Half the bs that come's out his mouth, oh yeah "we'll freeze prices" but when I AM mayor, that won't be the case :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by 22.22
I know results come rolling in from 1ish tonight onwards but does anyone know when the bulk of the results will be announced because I think i'll plan my sleeping hours around when most of the results will be announced

You might find this useful.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2016/05/what-look-out-2016-local-and-devolved-elections

Tl;dr: depends what you're looking at specifically, but about 2:30am sounds good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
Why would you want that to happen?

I would have thought it was self- explanatory ....
Reply 23
Original post by meenu89
I would have thought it was self- explanatory ....

Nope
I'm confused lol
Original post by xxvine
Nope
I'm confused lol

As things stand it would be easier for the Tories to win against Corbyn as he is an easy target.
Reply 25
Original post by meenu89
As things stand it would be easier for the Tories to win against Corbyn as he is an easy target.

why do you want them to win though?
Original post by Saoirse:3
Scotland and Wales I agree. NI will be much the same as last time but if anything maybe minor republican gains I'd say. London I think will be more comprehensive for Sadiq, at least 10% and more like 15%. And England as a whole will be nowhere near that bad for Labour - maybe 100-150 losses, but Corbyn's outright statement we won't lose seats makes me think there's some internal data giving him confidence in that else he'd be knowingly making a rod for his own back, so I'll guess minor gains for Labour.

Regarding the losses in England these seats are those that were fought in 2012 when we saw the equivelent of a 38% poll for Labour and 31% for the Tories. While Labour may be pinning their hopes on Youguv (it's the one pollster who's put them ahead) the rest suggest that the vote shares will more or less reverse, hence Labour could lose as much as 500.

At any rate, he's doing far worse than Ed after May 11.
Original post by Rakas21
Regarding the losses in England these seats are those that were fought in 2012 when we saw the equivelent of a 38% poll for Labour and 31% for the Tories. While Labour may be pinning their hopes on Youguv (it's the one pollster who's put them ahead) the rest suggest that the vote shares will more or less reverse, hence Labour could lose as much as 500.

At any rate, he's doing far worse than Ed after May 11.

I'm under no illusions, things aren't good, but if Labour lose 500 seats or more I'll vote Tory at the next MHoC election :tongue:
Original post by Saoirse:3
I'm under no illusions, things aren't good, but if Labour lose 500 seats or more I'll vote Tory at the next MHoC election :tongue:

:colone:

You could regret those words in the morning.

It's unfortunate that there is no seat calculator for locals but Labour will have had a good night if the vote share averages to within 5% i think.
Original post by Rakas21
:colone:

You could regret those words in the morning.

It's unfortunate that there is no seat calculator for locals but Labour will have had a good night if the vote share averages to within 5% i think.

Ha. I sure will if it happens, but I just can't see a gain on that scale - many of our troubles will come from UKIP who will in many areas advance in voteshare without winning seats.

I'd honestly settle for any progress in National Equivalent Voteshare from the 7% deficit to the Tories at the GE last year. We're clearly not in an election-winning position right now, but the hope will be that UKIP fade somewhat post-referendum and Labour unites in one direction or another.
:biggrin:

Speculation that the Tories may have stormed north east wales.

Note that there are 4 Tory targets for Westminster here.
Original post by Krollo
You a Londoner?

I somehow doubt that the allegations made about Khan are as big a deal as they're made out. These things rarely are. Yet looking at the state of Labour nowadays, who bloody knows...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't say much for his politics, but as a person Khan is a bloody moron. Seen him interviewed countless times on news programmes and he's been consistently rude. He's also featured on 1 or 2 eps of question time that I've seen and while he has lots of truly excellent ideas, when asked about funding, almost everytime he has evaded the question. Complete cock.

Don't know much about Zaccy boy, but my friend keeps referring to him as a 'fit uncle' - enough reason to vote for him, no?

Labour just dropped 8% of the vote in Sunderland.
Reply 33
Original post by Rakas21

Labour just dropped 8% of the vote in Sunderland.

Rooting for the #yellowtories

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woop woop, Lib Dems hold Orkney! At least 1 seat that the SNP wont win tonight, then!
Lib Dems held Orkney and just increased their vote by 32%. :tongue:

I should probably add that no party bar the SNP got more than 4% though so basically it's a massive anti-SNP rally behind.
Reply 36
Original post by Rakas21
Lib Dems held Orkney and just increased their vote by 32%. :tongue:

I should probably add that no party bar the SNP got more than 4% though so basically it's a massive anti-SNP rally behind.

I wonder if the non-SNP tactical vote is taking hold... if it does it might not be quite the rout people were expecting. Rutherglen closer than I thought too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bed for me but i shall end by saying that telephone polling had the Tories 3% in April. Be interesting to see how vote shares mirror this.
damn labour held nuneaton but tories gain 3 seats and we even have a green seat god help us
Thoroughly impressed by Scotland's constituency voting tonight! England is alright. Wales is depressing me *sees UKIP vote share and shudders*. Labour have done appallingly in Scotland.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending