The Student Room Group

Physics 9702 CIE exam Paper 2 2016

How was the exam? I just finished variant 23! Did any one get the same questions as me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laurencim
How was the exam? I just finished variant 23! Did any one get the same questions as me?

How was it?
Reply 2
good i guess but not amazing, doppler and nuclear physics ****ed me up haha
Reply 3
I got paper 22, and it was horrible for me... I don't know why. I found the notations so confusing and despite the number of past papers that I did I found that I hadn't come across many of the questions in that style...
Okay you guys are freaking me out.. I will be taking paper 21 in three hours..
Woah i'm getting a little anxious now.
Reply 6
Original post by Daleemo
I got paper 22, and it was horrible for me... I don't know why. I found the notations so confusing and despite the number of past papers that I did I found that I hadn't come across many of the questions in that style...

I did paper 22 as well....how was the paper for your classmates
Reply 7
Well, the physics 22 variant was relatively easy for my class mates and me. It wasn't as difficult as the past papers we solved.:smile:
Original post by Shania555
Okay you guys are freaking me out.. I will be taking paper 21 in three hours..

So how was it? Man, i did expect doppler effect to be there, tbh i loved doppler, but none of the new topics came... it was all...idk bad.
Original post by Rawya Salim
So how was it? Man, i did expect doppler effect to be there, tbh i loved doppler, but none of the new topics came... it was all...idk bad.

Felt great at first though then i realized, i never took into account the number density when calculating the ratio of the mean drift velocity.
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
Felt great at first though then i realized, i never took into account the number density when calculating the ratio of the mean drift velocity.

OMG me too! i did forget how to derive I=neAv formula!!! time was up and my head couldn't think anymore.. Even the electricity part, how did you find it?
OMG me too! i did forget how to derive I=neAv formula!!! time was up and my head couldn't think anymore.. Even the electricity part, how did you find it?
For the ratios? In terms of the drift velocity i used pid^2/4 for my areas but i entirely forgot that if you double the diameter you change the area and hence the number of electrons in that volume.

For the resistance it was a matter of using Resistance=Resistivity * Length/ Cross sectional Area. From there it was just a matter of pid^2/4.

For the p.d. i had no idea just guessed.

For the power i used I^2 * R.

Worst thing is actually realizing i made all these mistakes.
For the ratios? In terms of the drift velocity i used pid^2/4 for my areas but i entirely forgot that if you double the diameter you change the area and hence the number of electrons in that volume.

For the resistance it was a matter of using Resistance=Resistivity * Length/ Cross sectional Area. From there it was just a matter of pid^2/4.

For the p.d. i had no idea just guessed.

For the power i used I^2 * R.

Worst thing is actually realizing i made all these mistakes.

ok...ay now am getting worried.....i got 1:4 there, and yess!!! i used resistivity there....and the volt thingy,....i guess i forged....i got 4 volts.. no idea though...

and the power was the same as the ratio of the resistance right?
ok...ay now am getting worried.....i got 1:4 there, and yess!!! i used resistivity there....and the volt thingy,....i guess i forged....i got 4 volts.. no idea though...

Yeah i think it might have been. Haha now you're freaking me out, i never expressed it as a ratio, i just gave it as 4.
Yeah i think it might have been. Haha now you're freaking me out, i never expressed it as a ratio, i just gave it as 4.

No u r freaking me out! HAHA OMG to be honest, i am relieved am done with it! u did the paper 4 hours ago, didn't you? Though i loved the radioactivity part.
Reply 15
Hey!!! I did paper 22 today and doppler effect was in my paper too.
How was the paper for those who sat for paper 22?
What did u all get for the name of the force on the last page?
Reply 16
Original post by Laurencim

got paper 21! Hated the mean drift velocity question it wasted my time! The rest was ok could have done better tho.
wat was the wavelength using the graph in nanometers

I got 1:4 too
Original post by Shania555
I got 1:4 too

Really? anyway my work was pretty rough and all, so i dont know. u took variant 1 as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending