The Student Room Group

Physics 9702 CIE exam Paper 2 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hammad.
got paper 21! Hated the mean drift velocity question it wasted my time! The rest was ok could have done better tho.

I know right!! it took a lot of my time.
Original post by 200 BRONZE IQ
wat was the wavelength using the graph in nanometers

what did u get? i am afraid my answer is totally wrong.
Reply 22
Original post by Shamita
I did paper 22 as well....how was the paper for your classmates

I think it was OK for them. The fault is on me- I just didn't know how to answer a lot of it, and mind you physics is something I always get an A in! I guess life hits you with curveballs sometimes
Reply 23
Wrote strong nuclear force as the answer. The paper was good. What did you get as the velocity of the car in the doppler effect question?
Original post by Shamita
Hey!!! I did paper 22 today and doppler effect was in my paper too.
How was the paper for those who sat for paper 22?
What did u all get for the name of the force on the last page?
Reply 24
Original post by A*girl
Wrote strong nuclear force as the answer. The paper was good. What did you get as the velocity of the car in the doppler effect question?

Me and my few classmates wrote nuclear force only. Is it fine? Some of my classmates wrote weak interactions, so we are confused. For the velocity, i got 25. What did u write for the effect of motion on the light ?
Reply 25
Original post by Shamita
Me and my few classmates wrote nuclear force only. Is it fine? Some of my classmates wrote weak interactions, so we are confused. For the velocity, i got 25. What did u write for the effect of motion on the light ?

I think that is fine too. I got it as 24.7, so yay!! :P The star will appear red compared to the original white/yellow or there will be a red shift as the frequency deceases as the distance between the source and observer increases.
And also what was your answer for the effect of diffraction and interference on something? I dont remember the question properly.
Reply 26
Original post by A*girl
I think that is fine too. I got it as 24.7, so yay!! :P The star will appear red compared to the original white/yellow or there will be a red shift as the frequency deceases as the distance between the source and observer increases.
And also what was your answer for the effect of diffraction and interference on something? I dont remember the question properly.

I think they asked explain the definition of diffraction and interference using the formation of maxima on this point.
For diffraction, i wrote the light bends when it is passing through a slit on the grating ( it was one mark ) for interference, i wrote the diffraction light waves overlap and the resultant displacement is equal to sum of displacement of individual waves and they meet to form a constructive interference.
Reply 27
Original post by A*girl

For the effect of motion, i wrote the frequency decreases, so its intensity decreases. That red shift thing didn't come to my mind.
Reply 28
I think the wavelength was about 629 nm or close to that
Original post by mat7276

Yeah i got the same! Was it variant 1 u r talking about? About the gradient thingy? where we had to measure the gradient and multiply it with the slits separation?
Original post by mat7276
What i got 609. wow :colonhash:. What did you get for the mean drift velocity ratio question?
Reply 31
Original post by Rawya Salim
Yeah i got the same! Was it variant 1 u r talking about? About the gradient thingy? where we had to measure the gradient and multiply it with the slits separation?

Yes variant 1. Gradient was x/d. λ=ax/d.
Reply 32
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
What i got 609. wow :colonhash:. What did you get for the mean drift velocity ratio question?

I'm not 100% sure about this one but I got 1:4 or 1/4
Original post by mat7276
woah okay, i got 4:1.
Original post by mat7276

I got the same.. 1:4.. i used the volumes yeah, since number denisty was number of electrons over volume, so i used the volumes of each and got their ratio as that.

What about the pd of the resistance Y.. what did you get?
Reply 35
Original post by Rawya Salim
I got the same.. 1:4.. i used the volumes yeah, since number denisty was number of electrons over volume, so i used the volumes of each and got their ratio as that.

What about the pd of the resistance Y.. what did you get?

8V for Y. I think the resistance of Y was twice the resistance of X. So 2/3 of 12V.
Original post by mat7276
8V for Y. I think the resistance of Y was twice the resistance of X. So 2/3 of 12V.

Oh!! OMG then i swapped them, i got the same, but i wrote the answer as 4!! Argh.. i swapped the answers for Z and Y
Reply 37
Original post by Shamita
I think they asked explain the definition of diffraction and interference using the formation of maxima on this point.
For diffraction, i wrote the light bends when it is passing through a slit on the grating ( it was one mark ) for interference, i wrote the diffraction light waves overlap and the resultant displacement is equal to sum of displacement of individual waves and they meet to form a constructive interference.

Even i wrote that.. What was your potential difference? And how did you find the density of the liquid in the container using the graph?
Reply 38
Original post by A*girl
Even i wrote that.. What was your potential difference? And how did you find the density of the liquid in the container using the graph?

Potential difference across the battery?? I think i got 8.3 V . The graph shows total pressure exerted on the base rite. When the height is zero ( there is no liquid) the pressure is 1* 10^5. That is the atmospheric pressure. When the height is 1.5 m, the total pressure was 3*10^5. To find the pressure due to liquid, we must subtract both values. So for height 1.5 m, the pressure is 2*10^5. We subsitute the values in the equation P=pgh. So the density will be 13600 or 14000
Reply 39
Original post by Shamita
Potential difference across the battery?? I think i got 8.3 V . The graph shows total pressure exerted on the base rite. When the height is zero ( there is no liquid) the pressure is 1* 10^5. That is the atmospheric pressure. When the height is 1.5 m, the total pressure was 3*10^5. To find the pressure due to liquid, we must subtract both values. So for height 1.5 m, the pressure is 2*10^5. We subsitute the values in the equation P=pgh. So the density will be 13600 or 14000

Got the pd as 8.3V but I messed that density question up

Quick Reply

Latest