The Student Room Group

Superposition : Interference.

Its not particularly difficult to interpret how interference occurs when using a sinusoidal or cos (custodial?) function. Though what i am not sure about is how exactly interference occurs in terms of a microscopic level. For destructive interference do the particles obliterate one another & for constructive interference do they merge together?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
Its not particularly difficult to interpret how interference occurs when using a sinusoidal or cos (custodial?) function. Though what i am not sure about is how exactly interference occurs in terms of a microscopic level. For destructive interference do the particles obliterate one another & for constructive interference do they merge together?

Why particles? in terms of ordinary superposition, it is a wave. Even for microscopic level. The waves, which are sinusoidal as a rule, are classified by a wave peak and a wave trough. Destrcutive interference comes into being when a wave trough interfere with a wave peak, That leads to an obliteration. In turn, a contructive interference comes into being when a wave trough interefere with another wave trough or a wave peak with another wave peak. That leads to an amplification.
Original post by Kallisto
Why particles? in terms of ordinary superposition, it is a wave. Even for microscopic level. The waves, which are sinusoidal as a rule, are classified by a wave peak and a wave trough. Destrcutive interference comes into being when a wave trough interfere with a wave peak, That leads to an obliteration. In turn, a contructive interference comes into being when a wave trough interefere with another wave trough or a wave peak with another wave peak. That leads to an amplification.
Thanks.
Thanks.

You are welcome! Maybe you are interest to know something about the path difference of two waves? whenever the pathdifference is multiple of a whole wave, the interference is constructive, the waves are amplified. Whenever the path difference is a multiple of a half wave, the interference is destructive, the waves are obliterated.
You are welcome! Maybe you are interest to know something about the path difference of two waves? whenever the pathdifference is multiple of a whole wave, the interference is constructive, the waves are amplified. Whenever the path difference is a multiple of a half wave, the interference is destructive, the waves are obliterated.
Haha thank's for that as well. Learning new things :h:
One more question though?
Haha thank's for that as well. Learning new things :h:

That was my intention when I was telling you that.

One more question though?

About interference again? spite it out.
That was my intention when I was telling you that.

About interference again? spite it out.
Actually electricity?
Actually electricity?

I am all ears. Although that would surely nothing have to do with interference, ask your question about electricity.
I am all ears. Although that would surely nothing have to do with interference, ask your question about electricity.
A resistor Y has a diameter of D and a length of L. A resistor Z has a diameter of 2D and length of 2L. Find the ratio of the mean drift velocity (V=I/nAe). Mean Drift Velocity Of Ressitor Y/ Mean Drift Velocity Of Resistor Z.

This particular quantum phomena I am not too confident with however I will try, when the particle is in superposition it is invincible against all particles of the universe using heisenbergs uncertinity princicple I can conclude that thought waves in heaven and Christian science do exist!

Quick Reply

Latest