The Student Room Group

Is it normal to feel angry?

A few months ago I met a woman who was recently single and we hit it off straight away, she was a single mum and a few years older than me but this didn't bother me. Around Christmas time things started to get more serious and she changed the way she was with me, she would be more flirty and would pay me compliments on the way I looked which she had never done previously. Anyway I started to feel like we could enter a serious relationship and she was giving off all the signs she wanted a relationship but then as if over night she stopped talking to me as often. We would always message each other and we would pop up on each others statuses on Facebook and Twitter but she stopped doing this to me.

Over the past few months I have tried to get back to the way we where with each other but it doesn't seem to work. For example I will comment on her Facebook stuff and send her messages and she just wont reply at all. So obviously this is starting to make me upset and angry so I am thinking maybe I should move on but I am full of anger.

Is it normal for me to feel angry?
Whether or not it is, it's not helpful, is it?

She doesn't owe you a relationship and, at the moment, clearly doesn't want one with you.

Accept that - because there is nothing you can do that will make her change her mind about it if it's made up - and move on.
Reply 2
You're right it's not helpful being angry but it's how I feel as well as feeling upset. She doesn't owe me a relationship but I'm upset and angry because I feel like she has led me on.
Original post by Anonymous
You're right it's not helpful being angry but it's how I feel as well as feeling upset. She doesn't owe me a relationship but I'm upset and angry because I feel like she has led me on.

Personally i'm always willing to give the person the benefit of the doubt, so maybe something happened in her life and maybe she doesn't want to see you?
Reply 4
Original post by thefatone
Personally i'm always willing to give the person the benefit of the doubt, so maybe something happened in her life and maybe she doesn't want to see you?

Maybe but I'd rather she just tell me, especially considering I will message her and she won't reply but then she'll update her status.
It is understandable to be upset. But from the sounds of it, you didn't actually ask her how she felt about it and just assumed she wanted to enter a relationship because of the signs she was giving off...People are fickle creatures. It is very easy to fall into the trap of misjudging the intentions of another person.

But at the end of the day, if she doesn't want to reply to your messages, then it's clear that she isn't interested. What she did was just childish, though, but such is the nature of many people. I would suggest you move on - if she felt the same way she would have replied to you. I know I could definitely never ignore my crush if he messaged me.
It is frustrating when people send mixed signals like that, it would be easier if people were honest and just tell you if they weren't interested. Probably best just to forget her and move on.
Reply 7
Original post by Rock Fan
It is frustrating when people send mixed signals like that, it would be easier if people were honest and just tell you if they weren't interested. Probably best just to forget her and move on.

I am trying to and I want to delete her from all social media but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Havent you posted several threads about this before.

You may have done nothing wrong, she may have met someone else or she juist may have gone cool on the idea of being friends with you.
You need to let it drop and delete her from all media etc as she obviously isnt interested. Nice if she ended it cleanly but yiou would be equally unhappy , then. Move on, the anger doesnt do you any good.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
A few months ago I met a woman who was recently single and we hit it off straight away, she was a single mum and a few years older than me but this didn't bother me. Around Christmas time things started to get more serious and she changed the way she was with me, she would be more flirty and would pay me compliments on the way I looked which she had never done previously. Anyway I started to feel like we could enter a serious relationship and she was giving off all the signs she wanted a relationship but then as if over night she stopped talking to me as often. We would always message each other and we would pop up on each others statuses on Facebook and Twitter but she stopped doing this to me.

Over the past few months I have tried to get back to the way we where with each other but it doesn't seem to work. For example I will comment on her Facebook stuff and send her messages and she just wont reply at all. So obviously this is starting to make me upset and angry so I am thinking maybe I should move on but I am full of anger.

Is it normal for me to feel angry?

Yeah it's okay to be angry, cause you were almost guaranteed a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending