The Student Room Group

The EU is part of the Establishment

The Establishment wants your money. The Establishment wants to control you. The Establishment wants to enslave you. The Establishment wants a world without White people. The Establishment wants to microchip you. The Establishment is not well meaning.

The Establishment has lost their grip on Russia. If Donald Trump gets in, they will lose their grip on the USA. They intend to use the EU to maintain their grip on Europe.
Original post by ALWK
If Donald Trump gets in, they will lose their grip on the USA. They intend to use the EU to maintain their grip on Europe.

Donald Trump confirmed for Azor Ahai :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
So? Rather them than FN, AfD, UKIP and the other pseudo fascists pretending to be moderate conservatives.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
So? Rather them than FN, AfD, UKIP and the other pseudo fascists pretending to be moderate conservatives.

PRSOM
Reply 4
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob

Yeah, let's pick the shiniest of two turds.
Original post by ohgeez
Yeah, let's pick the shiniest of two turds.

I'm just being a realist and admitting I have no possible chance of overthrowing the establishment by myself, and even if I did I would not know what to replace it with, certainly not any current left or right wing party.

The establishment to me, although not always correct, are far more saner than the other alternatives.
the EU is a federal union in its early days- if you don't want a federal EU, you cannot possibly vote to stay in
it would be like being on a bus that stops and displays the notice "next stop: federation" and staying on the bus instead of leaving it.
to all those who disagree - just wait. just you wait. you will look back at this message when the day comes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BubbleBoobies
the EU is a federal union in its early days- if you don't want a federal EU, you cannot possibly vote to stay in
it would be like being on a bus that stops and display the notice "next stop: federation" and staying on the bus instead of leaving it.
to all those who disagree - just wait. just you wait. you will look back at this message when the day comes.

I don't disagree, I think anyone who disagrees has no understanding of the actual institution, a very quick glance at the history of the institution shows many of its founding members supported a federal Europe.

And why not? 740 million people to boot; We can continue to monopolize the world as we did in previous centuries. Modern China, Nigeria, India, Brazil will lag behind as they always have done. The alternative is a great new Asian world... Anyone who thinks otherwise misunderstands modernization.
The U.K. should leave the E.U., and set up better trade deals with Russia, China, India, and US. They should also set up a points system for immigration, like the U.S. where you have to be either really smart (an outstanding alien) or rich to get in. They should also cut down the welfare bill for those that are too lazy to work. I think that will solve a lot of the U.K.'s problems in the long run.
Original post by godofwine
The U.K. should leave the E.U., and set up better trade deals with Russia, China, India, and US. They should also set up a points system for immigration, like the U.S. where you have to be either really smart (an outstanding alien) or rich to get in. They should also cut down the welfare bill for those that are too lazy to work. I think that will solve a lot of the U.K.'s problems in the long run.

Most exports are to Europe, assuming we do decide to reform our trading system take a look at all of those countries. Notice anything in common? They're not exactly the most stable are they, with the exception of the US and some in the Commonwealth (who we already trade a considerable amount with).

I do think there needs to be an immigration and welfare reform though.
Oh bloody Establishment. Establishment, Establishment, Establishment. Everything I dislike is Establishment. Whenever my side loses, it's the Establishment's fault. Whenever my tea got cold, the Establishment did it.

Establishment - 2016's debate-ending scapegoat for when our personal failings are too hard to acknowledge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending