The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Did you get your air-rifles from ordering online or in person (if you don't mind me asking)? I've been looking at getting some RIF bb guns but the licensing requirements are too much for me to bother with.

I've found some air-rifles online for around £70 but they charge £100 for the delivery.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm the same as you it seems: going through the RIF registration of having to actually attend and play BB games an X amount of times is too much when I just want the guns to hold, stroke, admire, and shoot targets in the garden.

From the places that I've looked, the cheapest air pistol online is about £100 including the face to face delivery. I'm not aware of any dealers within my area to buy from. :frown:

I might have to stick with multi-tone BB guns and crossbows for the time being.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
I have seen this:
http://www.gunstar.co.uk/gat-harrington-richardson-177-air-pistols/Air-Guns/827528
A used £39 air pistol on an ads website. The trouble with private ads though is that I'd have to go about finding the details about the weapon. Having not bought an air rifle/pistol before this could be tricky as compared to a certified website with all the bits detailed in the specification.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Anyone else?
:redface:
Have you thought about joining an airsoft site? That'll not only give you the membership that you need to buy RIF bb guns, but also somewhere to actually use them.
I like firearms that can fire bb, like shotguns.
I like Big ******* type guns, ones that suit my manhood (altho they cant compensate for lack thereof).

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by XMaramena
Have you thought about joining an airsoft site? That'll not only give you the membership that you need to buy RIF bb guns, but also somewhere to actually use them.

I'm not fond of joining BB skirmishing sites; I like the idea of owning RIFs but don't want to play the 'matches' before I can have a valid membership. Paintballing is alright, not BB skirmishing. :smile:
Original post by DiddyDec
I like firearms that can fire bb, like shotguns.

Got any recommendations?
Original post by Laomedeia
I like Big Bastard type guns, ones that suit my manhood (altho they cant compensate for lack thereof).

Some of those are certainly big. :biggrin:
Original post by Wiggly

Got any recommendations?

Depends on what you need. Pump, semi or break barrel?
Reply 10
I love the revolvers! Your scoped rifle looks beautiful set up, too!

What do you reckon on this?
http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell/leisure-hobbies/hunting-sporting-equipment/air-guns/31193734/smk-b2-22-air-rifle/view#.VyzCao-cFYd
It's an SMK B2 .22 air rifle for sale at £43 including delivery. I've searched around for a bit and it seems alright; do you reckon there'll be any problems with it?
I've contacted the seller asking for more details. I know it's a little cheap thing, but could be the cheapest rifle I will ever find.
Depends on what you need. Pump, semi or break barrel?

I'm quite partial to a pump action shotgun!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wiggly

I'm quite partial to a pump action shotgun!

Mossberg 500. An absolute classic because it is reliable.

Personanly I prefer a lever action.
I own two rifles but I'm not really interested in them at all. Not an enthusiast, either.
I first got into shooting with real guns when I lived abroad, and it turned from a try it one weekend deal into a weekly family outing. Mostly .22 and 9mm pistols, but also got some fun time in with AR15s and a couple of bolt action 308s.

I have quite the repertoire with the 9mm pistols though. I was disappointed when we moved back home that you can't get a licence for them without the home secretary's approval, but in all honesty, for target shooting on your own property if you don't own acres of land, air pistols are great. Not as accurate, but just as much fun, and also less disturbance to the neighbours. I'm looking for another pistol at the moment. I have a Gamo Shadow 1000, Gamo Whisper X and Walther CPS. Possibly thinking of a revolver, but time will tell.
Original post by XMaramena
I first got into shooting with real guns when I lived abroad, and it turned from a try it one weekend deal into a weekly family outing. Mostly .22 and 9mm pistols, but also got some fun time in with AR15s and a couple of bolt action 308s.

I presume you are a target shooter?
Reply 15
Needs to be an A*A* Gun
Original post by jneill
Needs to be an A*A* Gun

I only have an AA gun.

Spoiler

I presume you are a target shooter?

Yep, although the assault courses with the 9mms were the most fun. I suppose if you had too much time on your hands and a large enough garden, you could probably set one up yourself for an air pistol.

Latest