Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by CathyHeathcliff
Anyone else resitting this?

Yess, civil rights & vietnam :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Kjade
I am. On civil rights (D5) and presidency (D7) :smile:

Hey, what are your predictions for civil rights? I'm thinking maybe a question on martin luther king/peaceful protest or black power?
Reply 3
Original post by Kjade
I think MLK and peaceful protest or WW2 as it hasn't come up for about 4 years. Black power maybe, but might be the 2nd question as you get a choice of 2 to do.

By WW2 you mean the status of black americans changing and WW2 being a factor?? & with black power its so popular and hasnt come up last year so i'm sure it will this year! But def MLK has to come up, its not come up in 3 years
Reply 4
Civil rights: peaceful protest and MLK, p Possibly black power too

Is anyone doing Vietnam???
Reply 5
How would you structure a 30 mark essay?
Reply 6
Original post by zikra98

Yess, i'm doing vietnam! What do you think will come up? I predict usa involvement or why the usa was unable to defeat communisim or president kennedy but those are guesses! Wbu?
Original post by zikra98

Original post by bsbnah
Yess, i'm doing vietnam! What do you think will come up? I predict usa involvement or why the usa was unable to defeat communisim or president kennedy but those are guesses! Wbu?

I'm doing Stalin's Russia and Korea/Vietnam :smile:

I personally think a question about why Eisenhower increased involvement and one about Johnson, but I don't know. Something is also telling me that Korea might come up...
Reply 8
I'm doing Stalin's Russia and Korea/Vietnam :smile:

I personally think a question about why Eisenhower increased involvement and one about Johnson, but I don't know. Something is also telling me that Korea might come up...

A question on johnson came up in 2014 but kennedy WITH eisenhower came up only once in 2011 so that is likely!
Original post by bsbnah
A question on johnson came up in 2014 but kennedy WITH eisenhower came up only once in 2011 so that is likely!

The 2014 question was on both Kennedy and Johnson:

Why, in the years 1961–68, were both Kennedy and Johnson unable to avoid increasing US involvement in Vietnam?

The last time Johnson came up on his own was January 2013.
Reply 10
The 2014 question was on both Kennedy and Johnson:

Why, in the years 1961–68, were both Kennedy and Johnson unable to avoid increasing US involvement in Vietnam?

The last time Johnson came up on his own was January 2013.

So are you predicting that a question on Johnson alone will come up this year? Vietnam/korea is so difficult i find
Original post by bsbnah

Also, I feel bad about picking apart both parts of what you said, but these were also Kennedy & Eisenhower questions:

To what extent was the outcome of the Geneva Conference responsible for growing US involvement in south-east Asia in the years 1954–63? (Jan 2012)

How far was fear of communism responsible for growing US involvement in south-east Asia in the years 1954–64? (Jan 2013)

But I agree, that does seem likely given that the last one was January 2013, so thanks I hadn't though of that :smile:

That 2011 question... Is it just me or is that question horrible?

How accurate is it to say that Eisenhower and Kennedy must share responsibility for the escalation of US involvement in south-east Asia in the years 1954–63? (June 2011)
I'm re-sitting option C, how much content have you guys covered so far? I'm a bit worried because I still have a good bit to go :redface:
Original post by bsbnah
So are you predicting that a question on Johnson alone will come up this year? Vietnam/korea is so difficult i find

Not really, I'm just pedantic and I like spotting patterns :smile:

I don't tend to base my revision around predictions as I like to play it safe. But I would spend less time on Nixon seeing as he came up last year. But that leaves Eisenhower, Kennedy and Johnson which is what we said anyway!

Are you revising Korea?
Reply 14
Not really, I'm just pedantic and I like spotting patterns :smile:

I don't tend to base my revision around predictions as I like to play it safe. But I would spend less time on Nixon seeing as he came up last year. But that leaves Eisenhower, Kennedy and Johnson which is what we said anyway!

Are you revising Korea?

The vietnam questions are horrible, so much content to cover and remember in such little time! Honestly have no idea what could come up this year but as for Korea, many have said not to focus too much on that as a Vietnam question is guaranteed so i'm unsure. What about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bsbnah
The vietnam questions are horrible, so much content to cover and remember in such little time! Honestly have no idea what could come up this year but as for Korea, many have said not to focus too much on that as a Vietnam question is guaranteed so i'm unsure. What about you?

Looking at the Korea questions which have come up, I think I might revise why the USA got involved in Korea since that only came up once in January 2010 so, if there is a Korea question, it is more likely to be causes rather than course or consequences (but obviously not necessarily). Especially since some of the Vietnam questions are (I find) very difficult to understand so if a Korea question and a particularly nasty Vietnam one comes up then I will have no clue!
Reply 16
Looking at the Korea questions which have come up, I think I might revise why the USA got involved in Korea since that only came up once in January 2010 so, if there is a Korea question, it is more likely to be causes rather than course or consequences (but obviously not necessarily). Especially since some of the Vietnam questions are (I find) very difficult to understand so if a Korea question and a particularly nasty Vietnam one comes up then I will have no clue!

For korea thats what i was going to focus on too! i'm still so confused on vietnam, just to clarify what do you believe may come up in terms of Vietnam?
I'm doing Civil Rights and Vietnam, I think the same as you guys for Civil Rights it will be MLK, WW2, Peaceful protest or Black Power. I'm less sure for Vietnam, but I'm hoping for a 'why did the USA become increasingly involved' or 'why did the USA withdraw from South East Asia'.
I don't think Korea will come up, at least I hope it doesn't!

What did you get on this paper last year? I got a D 58 UMS, 2 marks of a C
Reply 18
Original post by dauntlesstraitor
I'm doing Civil Rights and Vietnam, I think the same as you guys for Civil Rights it will be MLK, WW2, Peaceful protest or Black Power. I'm less sure for Vietnam, but I'm hoping for a 'why did the USA become increasingly involved' or 'why did the USA withdraw from South East Asia'.
I don't think Korea will come up, at least I hope it doesn't!

What did you get on this paper last year? I got a D 58 UMS, 2 marks of a C

For vietnam thats what i was predicting as well and the reason i dont think they'd ask a presidency question this year is because they asked that last year, it most likely will be americas involvement as a whole. Or at least i hope.

I got a C last year but an A in unit 2 so i really need to do well in this paper!
Reply 19
Anyone else resitting this?

I am, but I seem to be the only one doing Russia in revolution and Mao's China.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending