The Student Room Group

is it wrong to steal someone cat?

theres a cat that lives near me, the collar has a house number and road name engraved, which is a few mins from my house

i started feeding it and its comfortable enough to enter my house for a few hours
i plan on locking it in the house for a few days so it can get acclimatised, then i will let him out and he will hopefuly come back to my house and i will have a new pet :smile:

these cats aint loyal bruh

Scroll to see replies

This is a troll post.
Could try it. The original owner probably thinks her cat became roadkill.
technically if you have fed it then part of the cat's flesh actually belongs to you ?
Reply 4
Original post by Straighthate
theres a cat that lives near me, the collar has a house number and road name engraved, which is a few mins from my house

i started feeding it and its comfortable enough to enter my house for a few hours
i plan on locking it in the house for a few days so it can get acclimatised, then i will let him out and he will hopefuly come back to my house and i will have a new pet :smile:

If you steal one I hope it claws your leather sofa and pees on your carpets and beds
Original post by M14B
If you steal one I hope it claws your leather sofa and pees on your carpets and beds

what's wrong with stealing someone's cat :/
Urhm, get your own cat perhaps? Cats are independent creatures and like to venture out, but they also like routine and do unlike most believe form attatchments, they condition food with strokes etc.

So no, please don't steal it...
[video="youtube;NWFjGuLVjFc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWFjGuLVjFc[/video]
its criminal

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/your-pets-and-the-law.html

Cats are property

theres a cat that lives near me, the collar has a house number and road name engraved, which is a few mins from my housei started feeding it and its comfortable enough to enter my house for a few hoursi plan on locking it in the house for a few days so it can get acclimatised, then i will let him out and he will hopefuly come back to my house and i will have a new pet :smile:these cats aint loyal bruh
If you really want a pet, I would suggest getting one from a rescue shelter that needs a new home, instead of trying to steal someone else's. If you do want to get a pet, you need to be aware of the implications of owning a pet (I don't know you, so if you already know/have owned a cat before then I apologise if this comes across as patronising-the intention is only to inform). Cats, despite being traditionally known as 'low maintenance pets', do need a certain amount of looking after. It will need food, scratching post, a cat flap as well as vet bills and possibly insurance. You would need to pay for it to go to a cattery/someone to come in and feed it if you are ever on holiday. Beyond that, it will need time and company.A cat confined in an unfamiliar environment may begin to show undesirable behaviours due to stress such as spraying, toileting in your house and scratching the furniture, so I suggest that you do not confine the cat for this reason.Aside from the cat itself, I would say that you could get yourself into some serious bother if the owners found that you were keeping their cat (especially as they would likely see the cat sooner or later as they live nearby) and could prove that it was theirs through a microchip/photos.You do not know what emotional attachment the owner(s) have to the cat- it may perhaps, for example, be the best friend of someone with autism. You simply do not know how much the cat may mean to the owners.Additionally, the cat may have health problems that you are unaware of- if it does (depending on the nature of the health problems of course), without medication it may die.I would suggest that you don't feed cats that you know have a home as they may need to be on a special diet for medical reasons.Many cats do go into other people's houses, but that doesn't make it right to steal someone else's pet and the consequences of doing so could be severe.

I sincerely hope that you're taking the piss.

Why the **** would you lock the cat in your House for a few days... Do you not think the owner's would get worried about it... It's not your cat... Enjoy it, play with it, and whatever, when it's at yours during the day, but don't lock it in.
Okay so there is a cat that always follows me but im sure it has no owner as it always hangs around our garden, what should i do?
there is a girl who follows me around and scratches at the back door... i give her food now and then... can i keep her ?

:holmes:
Original post by Ayaz789
Okay so there is a cat that always follows me but im sure it has no owner as it always hangs around our garden, what should i do?
I had a cat that used to come in my garden and do that, but it did have a home and an owner. To be honest, I'm pretty sure my cat spends some of her time following strangers and sitting in their gardens. The link has some advice from the blue cross: https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-advice/what-do-if-you-find-stray-cat
And here is the advice from RSPCA:
http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/cats/straycats
Hope this helps:smile:
This thread hahahahahahaha
You wouldn't steal a car
theres a cat that lives near me, the collar has a house number and road name engraved, which is a few mins from my housei started feeding it and its comfortable enough to enter my house for a few hoursi plan on locking it in the house for a few days so it can get acclimatised, then i will let him out and he will hopefuly come back to my house and i will have a new pet :smile:these cats aint loyal bruh
Also, if you read page 4- the bit about Theft Act 1968 http://www.cats.org.uk/uploads/documents/cat-care-leaflets-2013/EG13_Cats_and_the_law.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Just a troll. Nobody is that dumb.
Original post by Labrador99

i think its best if someone who works in the legal field interprets that
i dont think we have the knowledge of the law to interpret that properly
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
[video="youtube;NWFjGuLVjFc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWFjGuLVjFc[/video]

:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest