The Student Room Group

Sadiq Khan looks set to be UK's most powerful Muslim

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know if it's possible to email the mayor of London regarding university policies? I'm aware that Boris would personally respond to a lot of letters, but I'm not sure if he actually had to write back because surely there's other admin staff who look through letters to the Mayor first. Is this something that every Mayor will do or is it unlikely to get a personal response? And do you guys think that Sadiq will be easy to contact?
Original post by infairverona
Annoyed and disappointed but not at all surprised, London is basically a Muslim city so they are obviously going to vote for a Muslim mayor.

awww......

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the likely Zac Goldsmith defeat after a nasty dog whistle campaign, but the Tories led by Ruth Davison in Scotland doing well, hopefully Sir Lynton Crosby's style of campaigning will not be seen again.
Sadiqs campaign was well fought, he had a clear agenda that really connected with people.

On another note what is wrong with the daily mails comment section ??? Disgusting
Sadiq more or less already won! :biggrin:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He already won more or less! :biggrin:
Original post by barnetlad
With the likely Zac Goldsmith defeat after a nasty dog whistle campaign, but the Tories led by Ruth Davison in Scotland doing well, hopefully Sir Lynton Crosby's style of campaigning will not be seen again.

Ruth Davidson is brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
This was better! Until you swore. But small steps, right? Keep it up and perhaps then your arguments will be met with respect.

Yes - about the profanities - hence why I said 'as I mentioned'... You said in the previous message that I hadn't pointed out why your writing was bad, so I was reiterating it in case you missed it in your blind rage.

I have no idea what that last bit means... 'we supports khan'... :confused:

Calm down, I was being constructive. Why would I give the other person 'a piece of my mind'? I was dignified to you. I made no reference to any of your political views, therefore I have nothing to say in response to 'the other guy'.

If you can swear at people and respond to them with aggression, how can you regard my comments on your writing as unwarranted (I assume you do)?

look, again, I genuinely have a broken laptop keyboard - I thought I had written "well he" and the keyboard had a freeze in between the two points. if that's what you are attacking me for then I can't help you - my equipment can be blamed instead. sometimes I do make typos, sure, but it's nothing to sling mud at me for, because that's not something you should be focused upon - it should be my arguments or the meanings of my messages
Original post by BubbleBoobies
look, again, I genuinely have a broken laptop keyboard - I thought I had written "well he" and the keyboard had a freeze in between the two points. if that's what you are attacking me for then I can't help you - my equipment can be blamed instead. sometimes I do make typos, sure, but it's nothing to sling mud at me for, because that's not something you should be focused upon - it should be my arguments or the meanings of my messages

Okay, maybe the keyboard issue mitigates you somewhat, but you could paragraph and punctuate. Your aggressive style didn't seem conducive to good debate (yes, I appreciate that you were called a child, which was wrong and an inane response to your argument - by gr8wizard or whatever :rolleyes:). I just wanted to point out how hard it was to read your arguments - genuinely no 'mud slinging' intended. :s-smilie:

I think we should call a truce, the next time I will criticise (or maybe agree with) you on your arguments. :u:
Annoyed and disappointed but not at all surprised, London is basically a Muslim city so they are obviously going to vote for a Muslim mayor.

Which is absolute tripe, London is a huge mix of different races and religions.
Original post by barnetlad

You would think that Call me Dave might consider his services no longer required and pack him off back to Sydney with a few more million in his already bloated trousers.

However, that's in the common sense world that most people come from and not the rarified strategic insanity of the upper Tory echelons, where people like Gove, Duncan Smith and Crosby can fester. :lol:
Reply 90

Why you preferred Zac?
Reply 91
Original post by Josb
My guess is that he didn't have a plan. He might even have been surprised by his nomination. So without a plan, he simply made a negative campaign.

Whites are still in majority in London if you include foreign whites.

Where is your source?

Fairly certain at the last census there were more Christians or those with 'no religion' than Muslim. Not quite a a 'Muslim city'.

In any case, he'll be a good Mayor I think. It's a shame the Tories ran an exceedingly poor campaign.
type in "al qaida flag" on google

type in 'emo' on google your picture will come up. Please stop talking and go cry abut eating disorders and dinosaurus-pansexuality.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Habibananna
type in 'emo' on google your picture will come up. Please stop talking and go cry abut eating disorders and dinosaurus-pansexuality.

what's wrong with emos? I'm not an emo but it's almost as if you're linking your negative view of emos with a lack of intelligence - how do you make that link? how is this not an ad hominem? (as if you'd even know what that latter word meant)
what's wrong with emos? I'm not an emo but it's almost as if you're linking your negative view of emos with a lack of intelligence - how do you make that link? how is this not an ad hominem? (as if you'd even know what that latter word meant)

Aww, that's adorabe you got out of tumblr and used a thesaurus to sound more knowledgeable. Nobody totally understands your pain right now... I'm sorry this is too easy.
Original post by Petulia
Anyone know if it's possible to email the mayor of London regarding university policies? I'm aware that Boris would personally respond to a lot of letters, but I'm not sure if he actually had to write back because surely there's other admin staff who look through letters to the Mayor first. Is this something that every Mayor will do or is it unlikely to get a personal response? And do you guys think that Sadiq will be easy to contact?

Get a friendly Assembly member to as a question of the Mayor. Caroline Pidgeon asks a lot of Mayor questions.

13.5% Muslim, 52.9% Christian, 30% no faith, according to the 2011 census.
Lovely tweet from Zac Goldsmith's sister, Jemima.
Congratulations to @sadiqkhan - 1st Muslim Mayor of London - a city for all cultures, backgrounds & religions. A great example to young Muslims
https://twitter.com/Jemima_Khan?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Lots of Tories busy distancing themselves from Goldsmith's campaign tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending