The Student Room Group

Is this normal?

Is it bad by 6 months that, whenever it comes to hanging out with opposite sex alone, like walks or like chilling and stuff, we have to ask each other if it's okay? Pretty much run things by each other? Or is it part of being open and having trust?

It's mainly because we're both into being honest and transparent so that, things don't magically appear and arguments happen. As well as being protective and having good jealousy.
Personally, I'd be telling someone what I was doing, but not asking their permission.
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
Personally, I'd be telling someone what I was doing, but not asking their permission.

okay, fair enough. I was thinking that but, maybe it's in case I say no..and I've been asking him to be more transparent . So, I guess it is a sign of respect
Original post by Anonymous
Is it bad by 6 months that, whenever it comes to hanging out with opposite sex alone, like walks or like chilling and stuff, we have to ask each other if it's okay? Pretty much run things by each other? Or is it part of being open and having trust?

It's mainly because we're both into being honest and transparent so that, things don't magically appear and arguments happen. As well as being protective and having good jealousy.

Personally I feel like this is okay, A way of building trust but you shouldn't be asking all the time you should just say that If i ever hang out with the opposite gender friends how do you feel about it just make it a discussion. There isn't a need to ask every time do you get me?

In a way I think its good because yes it eliminates the jealousy. and ok to conclude and answer your question it isn't bad at all :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by pinkrox22310
Personally I feel like this is okay, A way of building trust but you shouldn't be asking all the time you should just say that If i ever hang out with the opposite gender friends how do you feel about it just make it a discussion. There isn't a need to ask every time do you get me?

In a way I think its good because yes it eliminates the jealousy. and ok to conclude and answer your question it isn't bad at all :smile:

Interesting, and it is not all the time as of now. Just today since we were both hanging out with new people.. and yeah , I understand your view. I just thought we were being too cautious and didn't want the other to assume what was not true.
And really, we both hate dishonesty and recently, it was a big issue from his side. So, he is trying to change himself and be transparent with me.
I don't think you need to be asking. Informing them who you're hanging out with, yes. Asking them if it;s ok, no.
Reply 6
Original post by Tiger Rag
I don't think you need to be asking. Informing them who you're hanging out with, yes. Asking them if it;s ok, no.

Interesting, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest